What's new

Mozilla Firebird help? (1 Viewer)

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
And the fact that they just released Thunderbird .5 today as well isn't helping things either with trying to download anything.

I really didn't see any problems with the .7 edition of Firebird. I would have to reload pages once in a while, but that wasn't so bad. So if there isn't any better security issues to deal with I wonder if it's even worth downloading until extensions come out for it.

On a side note, can anyone verfiy the size of the firefox file? I might try downloading it somewhere else but I want to make sure I'm downloading ths same thing.
edit: nevermind, I was able to get through the mozilla mess eventually.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
NickSo, I had the same problems as you. Try the default theme, it seems as though not all skins are properly supported by this new version.

Bah, I really wish I had just waited a day before upgrading as their website is still down.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Well, i switched themes and got the back and forewards button back, but no scroll bar still :frowning:

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
um...go to a bigger page?
:D
I'm not sure what else to say nick sorry.

Anyone been able to download extensions yet? I got to the page but my downloads aren't starting even though they're in my download manager. Plus I kept getting notifications they were installed properly but I can see they haven't downloaded yet.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Im not THAT stupid Mark ;)

It might be my WinXP themes... ohwell, .7 works fine for me anyways, im not gonna bother until they get some things ironed out...

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

I got mine from mozdev.org

I got FireFox running last night, all the extensions I wanted ended up working with it. However, after awhile I dumped it. I saw no real improvements other than the download manager. I did notice a slow down in page loading and rendering. Running it side by side with Firebird .7, it was noticably slower, both sharing the same cache files, and both had the same options enabled (pipelining, etc.).

So I will stick with Firebird .7 and wait to see what FireFox 1.0 will offer.

Chris

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
THREAD RESURRECTION..............

I'm not sure about the older (0.7 and 0.8) versions, but the newer 0.9 version makes "Tab Browsing" a snap. Click VIEW, then TOOLBARS, then CUSTOMIZE. Then drag the "Open a new tab" icon up into the toolbar next to the address bar someplace.

You can then (with only 1 click) open new tabs. No need to use the "File" pull-down menu or the "Ctrl" key. Very nice.

I love this Firefox Browser. Excellent, and fast. And, best of all -- NO pop-ups! :emoji_thumbsup:

Did version 0.7 and 0.8 have the "Customizable Toolbar" options too?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Here's a question...

In Internet Explorer, to open a URL box all you
had to do was hit CTRL+O

Anything like this in Mozilla Firebird? I hate
typing the URL I wish to visit in the top box.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Ron.......

With Firefox, "CTRL+L" highlights the address in the main address bar -- but it doesn't open up a new box like IE.

Oddly, via the "Keyboard Shortcuts" info on Firefox, it claims that CTRL+O will serve the same function as CTRL+O on IE. But it doesn't. It'll bring up the "OPEN FILE" box, not a URL box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks