What's new

Mozart complete works $99 at Sams Club..comments? (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Ah, thanks. That Beethoven set is on Sony/ BMG, not Brilliant Classics. Pretty decently priced at 40 Euro!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Aaron,

And the fact that a US-citizen probably won't have to pay VAT makes it more than 16% less expensive (while having it shipped overseas increases the price, unfortunately).

Cees

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I just got my copy a few days ago. Quite daunting to open it up and see all those discs. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I already have the Complete Symphonies (Hogwood/Academy Of Ancient Music) and Complete Piano Concertos (Bilson/Gardiner English Baroque Soloists), so those pieces will probably not get any play. However, what I've heard so far sounds nice to my ears, I'm discovering works I never would have otherwise seeked out.

I need to come up with some kind of system for keeping track of what I've already spun.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Philip: Thanks for posting the link to that article. I found the entire thing very interesting.

I found this section especially enlightening. This pretty much describes my motivation for getting the set. While there are certain pieces on which I might prefer particular performers...the ability to acquire all this music...in one place...at that price (sub $100 for me!) was a blessing.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
So what's on the 40 disc set? Maybe we can arrange something when the complete Haydn comes out. Surely all the content you already have will be reproduced, as with their many Mozart sets (Symphonies, Piano Concertos, etc.).

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm sure that everything in the 40-disc Haydn set will be in the complete set. They already put out a separate set of the complete symphonies, and the Masterworks set only includes #52 onwards. The Masterworks set doesn't include any operatic material, but it does include most of the other stuff.

I'm also wondering whether they'll do a complete Mozart SACD set once they finish re-releasing all the existing set's contents in smaller SACD sets. Has anyone heard them? How do they sound?

JackJD

Stunt Coordinator
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Complete Works (170 CD Box Set) [BOX SET] [IMPORT]

(45 customer reviews) More about this product List Price: $149.98 Price: $79.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details You Save: $69.99 (47%)

Availability: In Stock. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

on sale on May 4... $79.00; less than $.50 per disc :eek:

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Price is going up. I see $114.97 now.

(The Bach set is still $194,98 there.)

Cees

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
That's for the import version. The domestic (US) version of the Bach set is $107.97. Buy 'em both (Bach/Mozart) for $222.94. That's 325 discs!!

DanFe

Second Unit
The sale was on for more than 8 hours. I saw it in the morning at work, came home and it was still there.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I guess it went on for a while before it got posted here then.

If anyone notices it again. . .please drop a note here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks