What's new

Moving..... (1 Viewer)

LawrenceZ

Stunt Coordinator
This might sound a little stupid, or, if not stupid, paranoid. I'm going to be moving in a couple of weeks and wondered if anybody had any suggestions as to what was the best way to move my 55" Toshiba. It's going to have to be in the back of a U-Haul on the highway for about 4 hours. I don't have the original packing material either. Would it be better to lie it on its back or keep it upright? I was planning on wrapping it first in quilts and then taping cardboard outside of that. Any suggestions would be appriciated, thanks.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings
The moving blankets supplied/rented by u-haul are usually good enough. Remember to put the protective screen back to the front just in case.
plenty of blankets and then use packing tape to secure the blankets. If the TV is to sit in the truck with other things, have the screen face forward away from the other stuff. Face it toward a wall. U-hauls usually have this rubber guardrail along the inside. Secure the Tv against the guardrail and you should be set.
YOu can even wedge some styrofoam between where the railing touches the TV blankets.
Regards
------------------
fp.jpg

Michael @ The Laser Video Experience

LawrenceZ

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Michael, I think that's what I'll do.
Haha, it's sort of ironic, in the not really ironic Alanis Morisette definition of the word, that of all the people that are members of this forum, someone from Calgary replied. That's where I'm moving Edmonton to Calgary at the end of July.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks