Moving to Boston

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Schermerhorn, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Mark Schermerhorn

Mark Schermerhorn Second Unit

Yep, it's off to Boston for me. I got a job offer from a company in Worcester about 10 days ago that I accepted last Thursday (while I was in Dallas interviewing for another job...heh).

Not sure when I'm going out there yet, sometime in January most likely. I'm not skipping out right now to end up by myself during the holidays.

I'm planning on living in either Framingham or Natick for a year then I'll figure out where I want to live after I get to know the area.

So I've got a question for people in the area. There are supposedly 4 large apartment complexes in Natick right by the train station. I can't find any info on them, but I'm still looking. So if anyone knows the name of the complexes, please let me know. Or if anyone has any other advice/leads/whatever on apartments in the area, let me know.

2. Steven K

Steven K Supporting Actor

Congrats Mark!
    If you're working in Worcester, my advice is to live either in Worcester or east of Worcester, close to the Pike. The reason is that traffic on the Pike moves pretty well during rush hour heading west in the morning, and moving east in the evening.
    Boston is a bit far if you are working in Worcester although I have several friends who do it. Framingham is nice, but can be a bit pricey.
    I'm not sure about the complexes you mentioned above. Natick is nice though, and there is a brand new imax theater there (at Jordan's Furniture). Also, supposedly they also just opened up a huge "Bose" Home Theater store. Oh well, at least they have the imax [​IMG]
    When you get here, send me an email and let me know. I'd be glad to answer any questions for you, show you around Boston, etc...

3. Greg_P

Greg_P Stunt Coordinator

Congrats Mark...

It's been a while since I lived in the Framingham/Natick area but I think the name of the complexes you're looking for are:

Natick Green
    Natick Village
    Deerfield Forest
    Kendall Crossing

It's one huge complex located directly accross the street from the train station. I think the distinction between them are some of them are one br's, some are 2 br's, and some are townhouses.

Greg

4. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

I get off the commuter rail at West Natick so I'll check the name of complex across the street and get back to you. The names Greg listed sound right.

I'm not sure of the ones near the Natick stop. BTW, you don't want to live near the Framingham stop, it's not the best part of town.

5. Mark Schermerhorn

Mark Schermerhorn Second Unit

Greg, thanks a lot for the listings. I'll see what I can come up with. Hopefully I won't have to go through a broker or whatever they're called.

Steven: Bose stores are amusing. They have one here at the Mall of America. They did have some nifty LCD or plasma monitors the one time I went in there.

6. Chris Beveridge

Chris Beveridge Second Unit

If working in Worcester, I'd definitely recommend the above of finding something close to the Pike (which, unfortunately, is usually rather expensive) or to take the idea of looking along Route 190. That stretch of highway starts in Worcester and runs up to Fitchburg/Leominster and can be done in about 15 minutes. There's nary a thing along the road, so it's low traveled for the most part, but there's plenty of good housing along the way, including up in Leominster/Fitchburg.