What's new

Moving to a new house: skip CATV and go Satellite? (1 Viewer)

Thomas Reagan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Hi guys,
My family and I are moving to a more rural part of Massachusetts (Uxbridge) and I figured this might be the time to finally go for a "DSS" type system. Any recommendations? Do you get a better deal with "Dish Network" than Direct TV? I was hoping to get the regular plate of channels, Boston local channels (including Fox Sports NE and New England Sports Netwrok) and probably HBO.
I think I know what I need as far as hardware goes, but any experiences with service providers is sincerely appreciated. :D
Thos.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
You might want to check out the audio/video sources area, where you can find a lot of threads on this subject.

I’ve never had Dish, so I can’t compare. DirectTV’s service is ok, and while some of the channels are pretty compressed, the picture quality is mostly pretty good. You can get all of the regional Fox Sports telecasts (don’t know about Dish). Be warned that the video is not the best on some of these telecasts, but I’m sure that is due to the local equipment and signal, not DirectTV. Both have HBO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks