Moving things around for FP...now cables are trouble..

Discussion in 'Displays' started by TommyL, Oct 11, 2003.

1. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor

I have redone my family room, and have looked into how in the world am I going to get cabling to the FP (which will be on a stand 16-22 feet back, undecided because I haven't figured out my exact screen size..waiting for FP to come) but am left with a few options...and someone must have run into these before...so shed some light[​IMG]

1.) leave dvd in rack and run a component(20+ footer ) to the FP..which wouldn't be pretty, and would have to be unhooked when not in use) cost--> 80-100 bucks

2.) move DVD player by FP, and buy a optical cable and run it back to the digital controller...its skinny...but still gonna be running through my setup. cost for a 30 footer --> 70 bucks (hopefully I can find one for less)

3.) wait for someone to give me another idea[​IMG]

Most have to run into this mess...My dvd (denon 1600) won't take coax, but even if it did, I'd still have the cabling running through my room (only 1 though vs 3 with component)

Any thoughts? running it up through the ceiling isn't an option..nor is channeling it...thanks much! Tom

2. Kevin Stewart

Kevin Stewart Second Unit

Kevin Stewart
    Can you install a chair rail and run the feeds in a groove behind that? What about crown molding? What about behind the baseboards?

Stew

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    What is above the ceiling, another room? Don't use composite for your projector.

4. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor

Composite for a projector...just curious as to where that came from Neil[​IMG] Heck no! I think the only way around it is to run a long ass optical cable from my Lexicon to the dvd, which will be back with my FP....same thing when I watch hdtv....it sounds like a hastle, but what do ya do? Stew, I'd think you were talking about running a optical around the baseboard correct? If I didn't run it a to b straight line, it would be about 50' ....Would this affect the sound quality? I'll post a pic today...room changes cost me a lot[​IMG] Thanks guys! any other thoughts would be great...especially on quality running optical over 20 feet. 3C