Moving Ratings

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Hector de leon, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Hector de leon

Hello all, I was curious to know how many movie ratings there where currently "e.g. G, PG-13". My main concern was the current Blade II movie. I've heard recent screens of this movie where extremely bloody "which is good [​IMG]", and that newline might butcher the film up to get a lower rating "for a wider audience". I hope new line doesn't butcher it up.
    Your thoughts?

2. Terrell

Terrell Producer

There is G, PG, PG-13, R, and NC-17. As for Blade, I'd imagine they'd get it in as an R rated movie. I can't imagine it would be rated NC-17. If it is, that would spell death at the box office.

3. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

You can absolutely bet that it will be released with an R rating. Not only does the NC-17 rating limit who can see it, but it also likely limits the number of theaters that will play it. I have no idea what Blade 2's production costs are, but I'm sure it cost way more than would justify even attempting to release it with an NC-17.

Remember, though, that big studios typically get away with more than independents. New Line will get more gore through, most likely, than if it were a small picture.

4. Mitty

Mitty Supporting Actor

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they made it a PG-13 movie. That seems to be the flavour these days.
    Harry Knowles wrote a review review of a test print he saw of the remake of Rollerball: