What's new

Moving out - how do I transport my HDTV? (1 Viewer)

SteveMarcR

Grip
Hi guys,

I live in Los Angeles and am moving to another part of the city, and I was wondering what the best way of moving my TV would be. Because of the sensitive equipment, I think I should hire a professional who is insured to move the equipment, rather than trying to do it myself.

Does anyone know any companies in the Los Angeles area that does that? And do you know what I can expect to pay for a move of about 15 miles?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
It's been my personal experience that unless you pay the BIG bucks and hire a company that moves antiques and such, you're better off moving it yourself.

No matter what "Joe's Careful Movers" salesdude tells you, the movers are all really shaved-down apes with IQs to match. They will bump and jar your carefully-calibrated RPTV until the CRTs all point in different directions. :rolleyes

This is the biggest downfall of owning a RPTV; moving the dang thing.

Just remember to get EVERYTHING in writing. What's covered, what's not, what the deductible is, etc.

The Salesguy will be nowhere to be found the day of the move...he's the car salesman; after he's got your money, you never see him again. Can you tell I've had some bad experiences w/movers and moving companies? ;)

Get it in writing and read, read, read before you sign anything.

SteveMarcR

Grip
Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses. It's a 51" Sony RPTV.

Yeah, I have a feeling it's going to be very difficult to move. If anyone has any recommendation of places (in the Los Angeles area) that would be great.

Thanks again,
Steve

Brian_j_h

Auditioning
Steve,

I think I have the same Tv as you do I moved it myself and had no trouble at all and I moved it about 40 miles in a loaded U-Haul truck. Of course you should have your convergence check when you get to your new desitnation any way due to varying magnetic poles in the new area. I don't know if you have a service plan or not but it is something to look into. it has saved me hundreds if not thousands on my Tv. I have the convergence check and adjusted about every six months as well as the tubes cleaned.

Hope that helps.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks