What's new

Moving on to Tripods (attention Scott Merryfield) (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Supporter
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Mike, I have a very similar small Manfrotto, except it isn't a BeFree, so it doesn't fold over on itself and I bought the legs and head separately. I guess it's a little more substantial and the head is definitely a bit more substantial. Still, three extensions and even as small as it is, it gets pretty much up to eye height for me, which is the main thing for me, since I'm about 6' 6". Out main difference is, I'm not traveling with it, so I expect maximum compactness is more important for you. I like it quite a bit. I think the main thing I gained is the ability to switch the column to horizontal, so it can get right down to the ground.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Sam Posten
Correct, Mike. I don't shoot video seriously, so my experience is with ball heads for still photography. I will defer to the opinions of members like Man and Sam on this.

I only have a fluid head video tripod cause the deal was too good to pass up. I don't shoot a lot of video. I do use it as a heavier duty still tripod for astro shot sometimes.

Mike Frezon

Premium
This always freaks me out.

Ordered yesterday afternoon. And FedEx dropped off at my door this morning. :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

full

full

Got the ProMedia Arca Swiss adapter too. But Amazon won't have the Arca Swiss plates to me until tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegekko77
Recent bookmarks