What's new

"moving" my directv dish...need help and suggestions (1 Viewer)

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
I recently got screwed out of getting my national feeds of NBC and CBS which I've had for 2 years now. My local channels have denied the waiver for me to get these again. So how do I go about "moving" my dish. How can I know where to "move" it to so I can get the networks?

Also, will the move effect my subscription services? I had some difficulty when I switched to my directv/tivo unit last year. They tried to screw me out of getting the networks then.

One more question. I do not pay DirecTV. My service comes from Pegasus Satellite because I live in their domain, or whatever you want to call it. But I know people who live across town that get there service direct for Directv. If I "move" into an area where I will pay Directv, does anyone know how that will turn out?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If you move your service address to a location outside of Pegasus, you will probably have to switch to DirecTV. D* will have to send you new cards because they will not activate a Peg* card since they have different serial numbers. I've read that your new cards will be sent to the service address and not the billing address. That will be a problem if you are using a McDonalds as your service address. Tivo Community was the best place to discuss moving but the moderators are stopping those discussions now. They may have some threads in the archives though. Also try DBS Talk or DBS Forums .
-Robert

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Robert. I'll see what I can dig up.

p.s. Nice to hear from someone in MS. Not very many of us here at the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks