Moving into an apartment, need help with new setup...

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by BryanDO, Sep 14, 2005.

1. BryanDO

BryanDO Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys, the time has come to move out on my own. I'll be moving into an apartment building and unfortunately my current sub cant come with me. I'll be selling the Shiva and amp on Ebay and looking for a much smaller 8-10" sub for around 250 CDN. On Ebay I found a Velodyne VA-810x which i am very interested in but know nothing about and cant find anything. It's going for 60 CDN right now. In a sub, I look for frequency range, and something that can dip down to around 27hz is fine with me. Any ideas or recommendations?? Thanks...

2. rob-h

rob-h Second Unit

You might want to check out the Dayton 10 or even the 12 falls into your budget. www.partsexpress.com

3. BryanDO

BryanDO Stunt Coordinator

I don't think I'll be doing any more DIY subs for a lil while. The frustration I've had with my Shiva build makes me want to stick with retail subs.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Those aren't DIY subs, they're already built, but you'll have to pay duties so they aren't as cost effective going across the border. They are both pretty inexpensive to start with though.

HSU has a Canadian distributor, so you may look into the STF-1 or STF-2. STF-1 won't hit 27Hz solid AFAIK, so you'll probably need to go with the STF-2.