What's new

Moving home theatre into a condo (1 Viewer)

Joe950626

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Hi, i am moving into a condo very soon and i would like to bring my 5.1 system with me
although i had the system for a long time, the technical stuff of HT is still pretty new to me, so please be specific,
i already know i can decouple and i will decouple all speakers.
sorry for my bad English too, here is a list of questions i have
1. i dont want to disturb the neighbors, anything i can do in general?
2. is there a specific setting that i should have my subwoofer on? i have no problem turning the subwoofer down
3. i did some research and people say if i turn off the sub, it's all good. but i've noticed that even when i turn off the subwoofer, my front left and right speaker also produces shaking vibration that i could feel upstairs, is that normal? or can i do something about it
3. i could install the system in a living room which doesnt share a common wall with other unit or a spare bedroom that shares a common wall with my neighbor, living room better?
4. if i decide to install the HT in the confined bedroom mentioned above, and i install 8 bass traps on all corners, is it going to work?
5. I've heard the Maxxbass can give you the bass feel without the actual bass frequency being produced? this sounds amazing, i can enjoy the bass without disturbing my neighbors, anyone have experience with it?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Hey joe welcome aboard.

I have a Denon and it has a feature that lowers the bass or low end audio to keep it from traveling “Through walls” as it states on the setup for the feature.
Good luck.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Using dolby volume to level your dynamic range and overall keeping your volume low will help.

Control your boomy bass with auto room correction from your AVR and install bass traps floor to ceiling at least in the front corners. Install 4" acoustic panels at first reflection points both ceiling and walls. Heavy curtains and thick area rugs help too. You dont need to go nuts with treating the room but bass traps and first reflection points will help alot with clarity and control and allow you to listen with satisfaction at lower volumes.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Put your speakers on a "pad" of some sort so they don't vibrate the floor/walls (towers/bookshelves). If your speakers have a rear port, either seal the port or put something soft-ish behind the port (curtains, picture, tapestry).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks