What's new

Moving a CRT TV? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
What is the best way to move a 36" JVC Flat Screen CRT model av36-p903??

I have a purity problem which the tech said may have been caused by a mishandle.

When i get my new tube put in next week..........i want to mkae sure if i ever move, that i move this tv in the correct way. Some people say not to tilt the tv in a certain direction.

This thing is about 190 pounds so it is pretty heavy?

David Abrams

Stunt Coordinator
Jeremy,

You should pack the TV accordingly for protection and then try to not flip the TV on its side or upside down. The set should remain right side up to help insure that it will not be distorted when you turn it on. Of course it should be handled with great care as well. Another issue may be if it is packed near anything with a strong magnetic field such as speakers - you do not want to transport it with speakers nearby the set.

Regards,

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
It shouldn't be much of a problem. You just dont want to abuse it. These things are not really "professional-grade" most of the time, so if you drive around on potholes all day it's probably not a good idea. This may cause movement of the tubes and lenses, and adversely affect convergence, for instance. I wouldn't worry about tilting it down stairs, more with shaking.

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit
Another thing to watch out for, dragging/pushing it on a carpet even for a foot or two... I have actually had to degausse a couple of TV's after moving them like this :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks