Moving 57" Sony RPTV (and moving in general)

Discussion in 'Displays' started by ChrisYK, Mar 26, 2004.

1. ChrisYK

ChrisYK Stunt Coordinator

My wife and I are moving from Cincinnati to Houston at the end of May and are hiring a moving company for the big move.

I was just wondering what precautions I should take before handing the fate of my prized possession into the hands of the movers.

Also, any moving company recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Please post good and bad experiences if at all possible.

Thanks in advance!

2. Jon_Gregory

Jon_Gregory Stunt Coordinator

Just make sure they are a reputable company and have coverage for all damage occurred during the move. If they are a good moving company, they will know what to do with the tv and take all necessary precautions. Just read all the fine print and make sure you are completely covered during the move. You will probably need to redo the convergence after the move. Good luck with the move.

Jon

3. WarrenC

WarrenC Auditioning

I'm moving my own 47" Panny HDTV, only about 20 mins away. Is there anything special I should do? Other than be very careful with it. [​IMG]

Is there a certain angle that they are not supposed to be tipped, in terms of moving it down stairs, into the back of the truck, etc?

Thanks

4. Anthony_J

Anthony_J Stunt Coordinator

I just moved my 53" Panny. I didn't really take any precautions other than to protect against banging it too hard in the truck and protecting the screen with furniture wrap. It turned out OK and I only had to redo convergence. I think those things are tougher than we tend to give them credit for.

One word of advice - get two friends to help with stairs and accept the fact that the TV will have to take some knocks and you'll have to go really slow in the interest of personal safety. It's unavoidable and it's better than falling down the stairs with a 100 pound TV landing on you.

As easy to manuever as those things are on the ground, a flight of 14 stairs is a whole nother animal, but it is doable. Just remember - safety first, TV second.

5. Dave_vega

Dave_vega Stunt Coordinator

I remember bringing my 46" set into my apartment..an experience I am not eager to repeat anytime soon..things are heavy..didn't help that the wrought iron banister was right in the way also.. [​IMG]