What's new

Movietyme - is this the worst company on the internet? (1 Viewer)

I have been buying DVD's online for over three years, with my main purchases going with the mighty Play.com and occasionally the equally impressive CD-Wow.

Unfortunately, neither of these companies will ship to Qatar, where I now live.

So I found Movietyme, who do ship here and decided to give them a a go.

I ordered the Lion King Special Platinum Collectors edition from them. I ordered it on October 19th 2003, and unfortunately they do not tell you whether it is in stock or not. That is annoying enough!

I waited a week, and the status was "Order received". It stayed like this for a week, so I emailed them asking for a status report. They did not respond.

After another week, I emailed again and they replied saying that it was out of stock but they are expecting more stock soon. The same day, the order status changed to Processing (which according to their website means that they have charged the card).

It is still prpcessing now, after a fortnight. I emailed them again and asked them what was happening, and they replied saying they needed an order number. That was three days ago, and I replied straight away. They have not responded.

Am I being impatient or am I right to be miffed. I can say that I have never received this poor level of service online before.

Does anyone know anyone else who is reputable, cheap, and will ship here?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew.

mmmm, interesting.

Within five minutes of emailing to tell them I posted here I got a reply! It went like this:

Hi Mr. Mogford,

As means as you are living abroad you are thereby required to confirm the
credit card details that you use with you orders to verify that they are
indeed yours.

We require you to fax across these details, of which is asked of you upon
checking out and by clicking on the box you have confirmed that this action
would be done in order for the order to be processed.
You would think they would get someone who could write English! And the above is not true either. It was ordered by my father using his english card which is registered in England. The site says this is OK. And they have two messages, one for "awaiting fax" and one for processing. Mine says the latter.

And no apologies......

Well,

whilst a lot of the above comments do stand, they seem to have a very good forum where you can post questions to the owner and ask about problems.

I posted there, and got resolution, so I am happier now.....

I will try them for another order and see how it goes, but at the moment I am giving them a tentative :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks