What's new

Movies you want to see made. (2 Viewers)

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
In the spirit of the recent "Movie sequels we WANT to see" thread, I would like to know what movies you would *really* like to see made in the near future.
With the filming of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, one of my most wanted movies got realized.
However, the world still needs more Fantasy movies, so I would like to see someone to make one or more "Eye of the Beholder" movies, based on one of the coolest AD&D PC games ever.
The recent AD&D movie was crappy, didn't really have the true spirit of the fantasy world, IMO.
We are also desperately in need of one or more really good/evil (get it?) Lovecraft movies, with great effects and all (the scale of LOTR).
Finally, I would like to see some more excellent and dark science fiction movies, I think most recent sci-fi films sucks bad.
I'm really looking forward to Square's next project, which should also be featuring the digital babe Aki Ross. :)

Julie K

Screenwriter
Gosh, would I like to see a good, big budget, epic Lovecraft movie? That's a tough one ;)
And while it won't fall into the above category, I'm still looking forward to Dagon.
I also wouldn't mind some more giant bug movies.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Isaac Asimov's Foundation series of novels would make an incredible SF movie saga on a par with Rings, Coruscant from Star Wars could stand in for the city-planet Trantor.

Isaac Asimov's Caves of Steel and its sequels (hugely enjoyable sf novels)

Arthur C.Clarke's Childhood's End (one of the top ten greatest SF novels ever IMHO)

Larry Niven's Ringworld (fantastic concept, would make a mindboggling SF epic)

Stephen Donaldson's Gap series (too graphically violent, maybe unfilmable)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
A live-action adaptation of Norton Juster's The Phantom Tollbooth. (Chuck Jones' 1969 film is ok, but it has too many flaws)

A compilation film of musical Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies (not unlike the several compilation films made in the 1980's by Warner Bros.)

A proverbially good science-fiction film parody...that does what Airplane! did for the disaster flick genre. Spaceballs is OK, but it would be neat to see a well-made and witty scifi spoof film. Also SB was a spoof of SW and ST mainly. This film would spoof movies such as Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and The Arrival.

Also, some reissues of films I'd like to see are Ben-Hur, Around the World in Eighty Days.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Another vote for Stranger in a Strange Land.
Actually, any number of Heinlein's books could make good movies, if only Hollywood would do 'em right.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'd like to see film adaptations of Haruki Murakami's Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World and Kazuo Ishiguro's The Unconsoled. Also, a film featuring Robert E. Howard's Solomon Kane character would be nice and I'll second Julie's vote for a good Lovecraft adaptation.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Isaac Asimov's - Nightfall; and The Ugly Little Boy

Douglas Preston's - Mount Dragon; and The Reliquary (although the movie could never be as good as the book was)

Anne McAffrey's - The Rowan; Lyon's Pride; Damia; and Damia's Children

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Orson Scott Card's "Ender's Game"

Douglas Adams's "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Stephen King's "Eyes of the Dragon"

Brian Lumley's "Necroscope"

Clive Barker's "The Thief of Always"

Robert McCammon's "Swan Song"

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Aliens vs. Predator
DOH! How could I forget that one!
Time to kill the Alien Franchise as it is right now (part 4 sucked big time), and make Aliens/Predator instead. The comics and cardgame are great, and really set up a great atmosphere for this movie.
I would especially like to see some "Predator Hybrids" (or Pred-aliens) which is of course a predator infected by a facehugger and becoming an ultra-bad-ass alien (see picture).
ap021big.jpg

(I have decided to set up a webpage with my AvsP pics, coming soon...)

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
One of my friends really wants to see a movie about the Japanese occupation of Korea. I think that it could make a great movie, and hopefully be historically accurate.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I'm still waiting for that 3 hour Oliver Stone docudrama about the seedy underworld of nude oil wrestling with Mira Sorvino and Nicole Kidman :D

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
-"American Rhapsody"-The Movie...based on the novel by Joe Esterhazs. It would be a mixture of news footage, movie clips, chapter readings and sex scenes. I think of it as being like a feature-length epic version of the "Puzzling Evidence" scene from the David Byrne film "True Stories", but this time, it's the Clinton presidency and it's effect on 4 generations going under the microscope.
-I would love "Basic Instinct 2". Perhaps Catherine Trammell (Sharon Stone) could secretly be training a small army of horny murderesses to overtake the L.A area. I could play the detective hired to stop them;) ;) ;)
Sincerely,
John "Has some other ideas, but they're private" Kilduff

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Break the Silmarillion into a series of films. Sorry, I can't get enough Tolkien. :)
Jeff beat me to it. I'd love to see King's Dark Tower series.
Lucifer's Hammer by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle
Foundation Series by Asimov

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks