What's new

Movies with multiple titles (1 Viewer)

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
NIGHT TRAIN MURDER/NIGHT TRAIN MURDERS/LATE NIGHT TRAINS/MURDERS ON THE LAST NIGHT TRAIN/XMAS MASSACRE/NEW HOUSE ON THE LEFT/SECOND HOUSE ON THE LEFT/LAST HOUSE: PART II/LAST STOP ON THE NIGHT TRAIN/TORTURE TRAIN...whew!

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I'm pretty sure Fanny can be misconstrued in all states (and in provinces where they allow humour eh?) :D!

I'll always remember the running bit on Rowan & Martin's Laugh In with "the Farkel Family". The mother (usually Jo Ann Worley, but not always) was Fanny Farkel. One of the gags would be her telling husband Frank (Rowan) "You've got that twisted around," prompting him to say, "Twisted around? Imagine, my dear Fanny, twisted around!"

I don't recall this, but apparently, in the very first Farkel Family skit, Fanny was played by that night's guest Greer Garson(!)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Another one... "Flying Wild" which eventually got released as Fly Away Home.

YANG

Screenwriter
well... in alternate title naming applies in certain regions,
550x770.jpg

...sometime got to do with conservative thoughts on response from consumers there...​

Real Name
Eric Bodnar
When films aired regularly on network television, original titles were often changed. Warner Brother's 1980 disaster epic When Time Ran Out - which Warner Brothers was originally going to title The Day the World Ended (the films was barely released anyway) - was retitled Earth's Final Fury when it made it's network debut in 1984. I think I remember it being the highest rated program of the week!
There was also a sleeper film called Citizens Band (1977) which was retitled Handle with Care for several film festivals. I think, and I could be wrong about this, it received yet another title for network television. It might have been called Cotton Candy when it aired circa 1980, but I'm not sure about that.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
The Hobbit trilogy completed principal photography in early July 2012 as only 2 films; The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again. Once it was announced, later in July 2012, that they were going to expand it to 3 films, Desolation of Smaug was added as the second title and There and Back Again became the third film. In April of 2012 the third film was retitled to The Battle of the Five Armies.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Another one... "Flying Wild" which eventually got released as Fly Away Home.

Wow I have no recollection of that.

I do remember the first timers we that preview before a movie ne I was sold, wanted to see it as soon as it was at the movies.

No memory of it being called that though.

Saw the movie and was seriously disappointed.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The lorry came to my flat and the driver used the lift! :D
At the car park he had to lift the bonnet of his motor(car) and open the boot - or was it the turtle - to get a tin of oil to put some oil in. He had bollocksed the chance to have it checked, as the garage was only a petrol station. 🇬🇧;)!

I believe they were on the way to see a zoo ...
1622263091526.png

1622263216116.png

Last edited:

wusene

Auditioning
Real Name
Wendre
Haha, that sounds like a scene straight out of a British comedy, with a dash of confusion and humor!

minnieevans

Auditioning
Real Name
minnie evans
It's funny how different countries have their own quirky terms for things, like calling the car's hood "the bonnet" and the trunk "the boot" – or even "the turtle"!

I can't help but wonder if these amusing language differences have ever been featured in the movies. It'd be great to see them pop up in a film for some extra laughs!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks