What's new

Movies to have a colonoscopy by - let's have some fun! (1 Viewer)

LewB

Screenwriter
You people are all diseased :D :D
As someone who's had 2 of these done, I can only hope that the person having this done:

1 - Gets a clean bill of health
2 - Goes night-night when the doc gives them the sedatives.

I have no rememberances of the 'procedures' at all. I guess it depends on how much sedative the doc gives. That was the best part of the whole deal. I asked the doc for a doggie bag so I could relax when I went home but he didn't go for it.
Not sure I could have watched the view of my innards if they happened to find anything serious.

Now you jokers realize that the patient is given a 'clean out' procedure to follow the night before ? The stuff that you have to drink is quite foul. And the results can be 'explosive'. Perhaps this will provide more fodder for your sick and demented minds. Talk amongst yourselves...

Raphael

Stunt Coordinator
A bit off topic, but in response to LewB, as a physician in training I know the stuff you're supposed to drink is a lovely concoction called "GoLytely," perhaps the most inappopriately-named pharaceutical in the world.

Now, to make this on-topic, I will suggest "O Brother Where Art Thou?"

John Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
ROFLMAO! :laugh:
Definitely one of the funniest threads of all time!

MatthewA beat me to "Journey to the Center of the Earth"

There's also:

The Black Hole
The End of Innocence

"Kung Pao:Enter the Fist" got me crying too!

LewB

Screenwriter
the stuff you're supposed to drink is a lovely concoction called "GoLytely,"
I had the tasty Fleet phospho soda. You only need to drink a few ounces of this stuff 2x. It is the most horrible tasting stuff you can imagine. No matter how much you drink after, you can not get the taste out of your mouth. The GoLytely requires that you drink a gallon of it, yes 1 U.S. Gallon !!!
Since surgeons usually play music while they work, I was wondering if we could also include 'Music to be scoped by' ? Hopefully the floodgates will open up again. :D
BTW, anyone remember the 'King of the Hill' episode when Hank got scoped. The doc told him that there were 25,000 miles of intestines to be scoped. Hysterical !

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Baby Got Back

As Long As You Love Me

...Baby One More Time

Bootylicious

Well...you asked! :D

Guy Kuo

Supporting Actor
It won't matter which film you choose. Once the Versed (a sedative often used during colonoscopy) goes in the IV, most people have little recollection from then on despite being "awake." They simply think they fell asleep because they don't remember anything.

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
I'm 40 and just had one a few months ago. the worst experience and never want to go through it again!!! I prefer to be knocked out!!! since it's a wise thing to do as we get older....I'll be squealin' like a pig again in about....arghhhh...dont make me think about it!!! YIKES!!!! I remember plenty.

John Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
Music to be scoped by?
I always thought that The Doors "The End" would be appropriate:

"...the snake is long...seven miles..."

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Now you jokers realize that the patient is given a 'clean out' procedure to follow the night before ? The stuff that you have to drink is quite foul. And the results can be 'explosive'.
Well shucks, why didn't anyone say so before? In that case, let me recommend:

Earthquake
Tremors
Rumble in the Bronx
Above the Rim
Exodus
A River Runs Through It
Niagra Falls

-Lyle J.P.

Guy_K

Second Unit
:laugh:
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Far From Heaven
The Towering Inferno
Sweet and Lowdown
Breaking the Waves
Touch of Evil
Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Was there actually no suggestion for "Fire Down Below" or did I just miss it?

Saw it in the store yesterday and immediately thought of this thread. Great flick for prostate surgery too.

JasonJason

Stunt Coordinator
Here's a few:

A River Runs Through It
Chasing Amy
Lost in Space
Father Goose
Intolerable Cruelty
Oh Brother Where Art Thou
I NOW Know What You Did Last Summer (eeeww)

And for the truly sick:
Not Without My Daughter

As far as songs go, you can't go wrong with "Black Hole Sun". And the night before, show your friend a good time. Invite him over for a game night and have a friendly game of "Chutes and Ladders."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks