Movies to demo progressive-scan?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marc Deslauriers, Sep 30, 2001.

1. Marc Deslauriers

I just bought a progressive scan DVD player.
    What are the best 16:9 enhanced DVDs to see the difference between interlaced and progressive-scan?
    Marc.

2. Francois L

Francois L Stunt Coordinator

Salutations, Marc
    I use Saving Private Ryan dvd. Watch the scene where the military men go to the Ryan's house to tell the mother that her sons are dead. Watch the radiator of the car has it is stopping in front of the house. If your deinterlacing circuit is top notch, the grill will be very stable. If it's not, then...
    Bonne chance
    ------------------
    "My god, it`s full of stars!"

3. Jim A. Banville

Jim A. Banville Supporting Actor

I like the "arclight" scene from Apocalypse Now, specifically the gun mounted on the boat behind "Chef".

4. Rick Radford

Rick Radford Supporting Actor

Guys,
    Not to pick nits here.. nor hijack the thread, but I find myself wondering if I have to look for specific scenes out of a whole movie to see the benefit of a PS DVD player, is it really worth it?
    I'm pleased with my RP91.. but since I don't have the current ability to do 480p, I'm sorta wondering if it's worth it to up the TV to one that can handle PS input. (or vice versa, if it's worth buying a PS DVD player for a digital TV)?
    I know the purists will always say yes. But I'm really curious if the difference is worth it.
    And yes, i bought my RP91 thinking i was getting a HDTV.. but things have changed a bit since that purchase and before I got a HDTV.
    ------------------
    --RR