What's new

Movies featuring non-lethal weapons (1 Viewer)

Chad Ellinger

Second Unit
I'm preparing a presentation on non-lethal weapons, and I'd like to introduce the topic with a short movie clip about non-lethal weapons. Off-hand, I think Mystery Men featured NLWs, but I'm not sure in what capacity.
Does anyone have any suggestions for movies featuring non-lethal weapons (police or military)? Hopefully something light and funny (not Rules of Engagement).
(FYI, check out my website for more info on non-lethal weapons)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Not really miitary, but most anything with Jackie Chan (rakes, hoes, bamboo support beams, refridgerators, tables, broken tables, beer bottles :) )
Many scenes in Star Trek ("stun" setting on phasers)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
In The Rock, General Hummel used, "Brutal, but non-lethal tactics" to steal the VX rockets. I think they actually show the weapons, too.

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
They've got these guns that basically shoot a bean-bag kind of thing hard enough to knock you senseless but not do any real damage.
First time I ever actually saw one was in Wanted Dead or Alive with Rutger Hauer and Gene Simmons. As I recall, you see it pretty early on when Rutger takes down a guy whose skipped on his bail (or something like that).
Hope this helps!

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
That net-gun thing the police used on Ahnuld in The Running Man was pretty cool. I have no idea if such a device really exists...

Tony Carter

Auditioning
Well if you want "light and funny" I would go with the Pink Panther series. The Inspector and Cato used a variety of implements on each other.

Guy Martin

Second Unit
In Charlie's Angels the three heroines don't carry firearms or lethal weapons of any kind. In fact that was a specific request of star/producer Drew Barrymore. Of course the bad guys pack all sorts of heat from machine guns to missiles.

- Guy

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Another scene I thought of is in Hannibal when...

Verger's goons kidnap Hannibal in front of Union Station. They use some kind of stun gun.

Of course the rest of the movie has all sorts of lethal weapons.

- Guy

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if this counts or not, but the prison guards in The Last Castle used rubber bullets. I don't think they were lethal unless they shot you in the head in the right spot.

Butch C

Second Unit
I believe McQueen used a bean bag shot on some guy in some movie (i know its not very helpful)...I just remember a super slow-mo of some fat biker guy gettin the bean bag right in his huge shirtless gut.

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
What about all those rejected Robocop 2's? They only thing they were lethal to were themselves. :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I believe McQueen used a bean bag shot on some guy in some movie (i know its not very helpful)...I just remember a super slow-mo of some fat biker guy gettin the bean bag right in his huge shirtless gut.
He used a stun-gun (non-electric bean bag version) in The Hunter where he plays a bounty hunter chasing bail jumpers.

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Colin Dunn
In "The Negotiator," cops fire concussion grenades into a building, in an attempt to stun a hostage-taker. But the weapon becomes lethal when... The hostage-taker shoots the grenades directly at SWAT team members infiltrating the building.

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
For an interesting correlary there is always "The Long Kiss Goodnight" where a usually non-lethal item (a pie) is used as a lethal weapon :eek:
Kenneth

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks