What's new

Movies about Movies (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I agree that Hollywood is absolutely one of the greats. I should have bought the laserdisc set when I had the chance. Stupid me! I have watched various episodes on YouTube over the years. Glad we at least have access to them there, even if the quality is lacking.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
Side by Side - A 2012 documentary that examines the processes involved in film-making and the transition from photo-chemical to digital techniques. Narrated by Keanu Reeves, it hosts a series of filmmakers including: James Cameron, David Fincher, David Lynch, Robert Rodriguez, Martin Scorsese, Steven Soderbergh and many others. Definitely recommended.

- Walter.
Got a chance to watch this last night and it was fascinating. The digital revolution is changing movie making forever. Some good and some bad. Really got my mind going.
Thanks for the suggestion Walter.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
HOLLYWOOD AND THE STARS- B&W TV Documentary Series with 31 episodes aired on NBC during the 1963-64 season. Narrated by Joseph Cotton. (Henry Fonda narrated the earlier documentary 'pilot'.) Many episodes are on YouTube.

This would be an interesting do-over project, for someone to take Cotton's narration and add it to new restored film clips, available now, for the old movies discussed. After all why restore a documentary series full of ancient B&W clips of both the color and B&W movies covered?

The series had a great theme.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Got a chance to watch this last night and it was fascinating. The digital revolution is changing movie making forever. Some good and some bad. Really got my mind going.
Thanks for the suggestion Walter.

Happy to hear that you enjoyed Side by Side.

- Walter.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Watching Matinee right now, an homage to William Castle and his gimmicky, low-budget horror films. Includes the film-within-a-film, Mant (Half man. Half ant. All terror.).

I love the scene where the dentist delivers good news and bad news to "Bill".

The bad news was that the radiation from dental X-rays was mutating Bill's head into that of a giant ant. The good news was that the X-rays showed that Bill had no cavities … :laugh:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I like the documentary Century Of Cinema: A Personal Journey With Martin Scorsese Through American Movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks