What's new

Movies about Japanese Internment? (1 Viewer)

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
My girlfriend is doing a college presentation and wants to have some some scenes cued up on video (or DVD) that shows enactments or documentary footage of the Asian American Relocation (internment) Centers that appeared right after Pearl Harbor.

I did an online search, but only found two films...and I can't find either on home video.

Can anyone help?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The World At War DVD box set contains footage of the relocation of Japanese civilians in the US in one of it's early episodes.
A truly great series on WWII BTW.:emoji_thumbsup:
There was also a film made in the '90's
about this subject matter..Cry Paradise or something like that I believe.

Joel Endicott

Auditioning
Snow Falling on Cedars

There's quite a bit in this movie about the Japanese being relocated to Manzanar. Some very moving scenes of the families having to leave their homes and being shipped out (literally) to the internment camps.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Come See the Paradise with Dennis Quaid dealt with this subject matter also. He fell in love with a japanese woman who is then interned. Alan Parker was the director I believe. Not a bad movie.

It's on VHS but might be hard to find for rent with Blockbuster dumping catalog titles.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Come See The Paradise was the film I was referring to above. I was just too lazy to look it up.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks