What's new

Movie you just couldn't sit through... (1 Viewer)

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Out of Arfica is the one that really sticks in my mind. I was at the theather looking at my watch about halfway through this snoozer, and decided that I would rather go home and watch the rest of North and South Book 2 on television that night.
While I agree with many of the selections here, I must admit that I am one of the very very few who actually liked Batman & Robin and own it on dvd :b

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
John, it was all fun and games because I didn't go all the way under, so to speak. I had moderated anesthesia, which means strong sedative plus local, so I got all the benefits of general without actually having general. And Tom, all the FC and LOTR haters must go down!!!!:D

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
As well as Memento haters, Andrew! There are those out there, like that one guy with the sig proclaiming it the "most overrated film of the year" :rolleyes. Some people say it's just a gimmick.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Wow. Rob doesn't like Fight Club OR Moulin Rouge??
Can't wait till his name comes up in the Member's Tourney!
Don't worry Rob, I hate Moulin Rouge about as much as I love Fight Club, so I guess they cancel each other out. ;) Meaning my vote is safe for now. Unless you happen to hate Out of Sight, Heat, Amelie or The Pledge. ;)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Paul-
The good news:
I absolutely love Heat and Out of Sight. (I havent seen Amelie).
The bad news:
I absolutely hated The Pledge!
So, where do I stand now? :confused:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sounds like you're toast, Rob.

FWIW, while I like both Fight Club and Moulin Rouge, I can certainly understand someone disliking either of them. The Pledge does nothing for me, though I wouldn't say I hate it.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I have only walked out on one movie that I have paid perfectly good money for, and that would be the Stallone/Landis classic Oscar..........w.....what was I thinking?

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Amelie said:
Really Scott? You were able to sit though Honest! ( ;) ) Wow! I watched that one on TV and half-way through I started mumbling that I wanted my money back. :D Funny though. I wouldn't have thought anybody could truly mess up a flick with both Nicole AND Natalie Appleton nude. I guess it proves anything's possible. ;)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
The Pallbearer and almost walked out of dude where's my friggin car...I just gave both of these a 1 at imdb.com

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't sit through Lord of the Rings!
I had to get up once to pee. :laugh:
It was the part when that giant fireball is chasing the everyone on the skinny staircases. Did I miss anything?

Maurice McCone

Stunt Coordinator
movies I walked out on....

Pulp Fiction - its not funny, its not clever...pretentious ...yes.

Waterboy - I don't get the attraction of Adam Sandler.

A.I. - snoooze button....

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Closest that I have ever come to walking out on a movie is sleeping through a movie. The only one that I have slept through in the theaters has been Eddie Murphy's Metro. It was a terrible, terrible, terrible movie. In retrospect, I think I am very greatful that I fell asleep during it.
I can find something good or enjoyable in almost any movie, so I've never been tempted to walk out of a movie.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Scott, you didn't miss much at all.
Only one of the best shot, most heart-pounding action sequences in recent memory.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks