What's new

Movie you just couldn't sit through... (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
deep breath...deep breath...deep breath...deep breath
On a side note: Bill, they say a wounded animal is the most dangerous thing on Earth. Technically, humans are animals, and I have an open wound from surgery yesterday, so you're testing your luck bud.:D

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I have tried to watch Moulin Rouge 3 times, but have failed in every attempt. It is the worse movie I have ever almost seen.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
The only two times I was tempted to walk out on a film were Batman + Robin and Godzilla, but I was able to tolerate them thru the end. It's been so long since I saw those films I'm tempted to pick them up on DVD DVD just to see if they are really as bad as I remember.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Lord of the Rings makes Godfather: Part III look like Citizen Kane.
C'mon now, that's untrue and unnecessary.

Shall we look at the data?

The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring grossed over $800 million worldwide, over $300 million of that in the U.S. It was lauded nearly universally by critics, with a 96% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Upon its release it shot to the top of IMDB's top 250 and still remains in the top five with over 50,000 votes counted. It received the most Oscar nominations of the 2001 Oscars, 13, and tied with A Beautiful Mind for the most wins. I don't think there's been another recent film that has been more praised and loved in all corners of the film world.

You didn't like it, you found it boring. Let's leave it at that.

On another note...Rain, what did you find so unpalatable about Se7en?

Jeff Gross

Second Unit
I never walk out of movies, but I fell asleep during Batman & Robin, Bridges of Madison County, and O Brother, Where Art Thou?.

Jonathan DA

Screenwriter
Okay, I gotta jump in here in defense of Batman and Robin. Yes, it is a crappy movie, but how many of you have ever paid attention to the symbolism in it? Batman and Robin is actually a movie about the plight of homosexuals and the AIDS epidemic. I am not kidding, it's all there, watch it again. Joel Schumacher succeeded in making a mainstream movie with so much symbolism in it that no one even noticed.
Jonathan

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Many of the movies listed above have been walked out on because they were boring. I stopped watching Moulin Rouge because it was annoying the crap out of me! The hyperactive editing made me feel like I was being repeatedly pummeled with a sledgehammer! The music annoyed me too!
I did manage to make it through about an hour, then I had to hit the eject button on my DVD player!
John- nice to know that I am not the only one on this forum who doesn't care for Fight Club!

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I have walked out on 1 movie in my life: Fair Game. I made it through 10 min and will never go back.

I nearly walked out on:
The Thin Red Line
Wild Wild West
Godzilla

I have Stargate and Maltese Falcon sitting around at home with about half of each remaining... wether or not I will ever go back to them is another story.

Overall, I felt that the cinematography was very impressive as far as the visuals go, but I felt that the editing during the fight sequences was awful. Some of the fight sequences were almost impossible for me to follow. I did not have great interest in the story, I felt that it was tedious and boring.[/b]

Bill, it's incredible, this is exactly how I feel about... Gladiator! But I have a few more people on my side for that one :D

--
Holadem

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Pretty much how I feel about that one as well. Of course, I haven't seen LOTR. One movie I can't stand, but did finish. ET.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Wow. Rob doesn't like Fight Club OR Moulin Rouge??
Can't wait till his name comes up in the Member's Tourney! ;)
JK, Rob!

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Bill, my surgery went fine. Getting all doped up was a very fun experience and I was only in really excruciating pain for a few hours afterwards. Thanks for your concern.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Sorry, Andrew. I have had surgery three times (I have an exceptionally bad knee) and it just SUCKS. I actually hate that doped up feeling. It sounds like you didn't have any trouble with anesthetic. I get unbelievably sick and spend the next three or four days puking my guts out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks