What's new

Movie you just couldn't sit through... (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
There has been only been one film in my life that I did not watch till the end - Bloodsucking Freaks. I pride myself in watching every film till the end , no matter how bad, but that film had no redeeming qualities as far as I was concerned.
The only other movie I wanted to switch off or walk out on was Hoosiers, the most cliched movie I've ever seen.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I can only think of two right now, but I'm sure there are more.
Celebrity - 20 minutes of Branagh's cloying Woody Allen impersonation was all I could take
Wet Hot American Summer - not HORRIBLE, but not very funny either. I made it through about an hour. There was one part that still cracks me up through: when Janeane Garafolo is about to head into town and one of the counselors asks her to pick up some lubricant... and adds in a loud whisper, "For my pussy!"
Both of these were on DVD. I can't remember ever walking out of a movie in the theater.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I usually hang in there 'till the bitter end, no matter what, and sometimes I'll even come back for a second try, but there's no way I'll ever be able to slog my way through to the end of "From Hell" or "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider".

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
The only movie I've ever stopped watching cause it was too boring is Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Well, I don't really walk out on films either, but I've been tempted with the following:
Hannibal
Batman and Robin
A.I.
Seven
Water Drops on Burning Rocks (I only stayed cuz of the cute boy in lederhosen. :D )

Some painful home viewing experiences:
American Pie
Gladiator
Chalie's Angels
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Celebrity
To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar

John Stone

Supporting Actor
I was not able to get all the way through any of these movies:

Dude, Where's My Car?
Bait
Bean
Down To You
eXistenZ
Good Burger
It's Pat
Kazaam
Knock Off
Lost and Found
Snowboard Academy
Steel
Rock 'n' Roll High School Forever

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Fight Club

I walked. Later I rented the DVD, and watched it all the way through. I wish I had those 2 hours and nineteen minutes back.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Cool World
Blame it on the Bellboy
For both of these movies, I went to the theater with a group of friends. In each, we ended up walking out.
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money
U turn (1997 flick with Jennifer Lopez)
I have since then decided that I would sit through the entire movie if I paid money to see it. On a rental video at home, its a whole other story.
That's all I can think of now. I'm sure there'll be more that come to mind later on.

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
Maybe this one doesn't count, but I would have walked out of Bandits also if I had remained conscious.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Three hours of Jeanne Tripplehorn in loin cloth? You could ask for a whole lot less. :D

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I'm a stick it out kind of guy, I've never walked out of a theater (though 200 Cigarettes & Malena drove me to the brink). I've shut a couple of rentals down early, but I can't remember what they were.
movies I wish I would have shut off early:
I Spit on Your Grave
Gummo Me no like Harmony Korine either
and last night, Lisa Picard Is Famous, the smugness and unfunniness of this "mockumentary" got to be 5m in, but compounding my mistake in renting it in the first place, I decided I had to know how this dreck ended, though it did end up having another in a long line of funny Charlie Sheen cameo's.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Me no like Harmony Korine either
I found Gummo somewhat strangely compelling, I gave the film the benefit of the doubt.
However, Korine's follow-up film Julien Donkey-Boy is pure and absolute torture...despite having Werner Herzog in a big part.
I saw Korine in person twice...he could barely put a sentence together. :frowning:

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
:thumbsdown:
Shakespeare in Love
The Thin Red Line
American Sweethearts
Hannibal
What Women Want
Most VanDamme movies (and my wife owns every single one!)
These are just a sample of some unbearingly awful movies I've not been able to sit through.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I barely made it through The Lord of the Rings. That was one of the most boring and unpleasant films I have ever encountered.
[To self]Okay, take a deep breath and back away...deep breath...deep breath...deep breath[/To self]

My mom and I tried to watch the Godfather Part 3, but after we got the full effect of Sofia Copolla's "performance" and realized that George "The human suntan" Hamilton had replaced Bobby Duvall, we couldn't stand it anymore. Also, I feel asleep with about 45 minutes left to go in Lawrence of Arabia.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks