Movie trivia fans?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Abby_B, May 27, 2005.

1. Abby_B

Abby_B Supporting Actor

Can't wait for this weekend! It's supposed to rain tomorrow so planning on a Shout about Movies game night with friends. It's a really fun movie trivia game, completely on DVD scoring and all, and you shout out answers to trivia questions as you go. It's a blast...

Anyone else heard of Shout or played it?

2. Haggai

Haggai Producer

I haven't heard of that particular one. Isn't one problem with some of these DVD games that they don't last too long, i.e. you can run out of questions before they start repeating? Although it might take several times playing it before that happens.

3. Abby_B

Abby_B Supporting Actor

That might be a problem with some DVD games. With Shout, you get 3 completely different games on each DVD, which are pretty inexpensive. Its a good investment for a party or game night because it gets everyone really involved. When we ended up playing the other night, it was boys vs. girls...you can guess who won [​IMG] The way the game works is that you can bet all of your points on the final question, which the guys totally did and got it wrong...

One of my favorite things about Shout that the DVD is set up so you can actually keep score on it. Anyone know how that works?

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Very clever use of the branching & multiple chapter capabilities of the DVD format. You're essentially choosing multiple "paths" through a storyboarded sequence of chapters on the DVD.

I'm a big fan of Shout It Out & the other big DVD trivia game whose name I forget (the one with a board + multiple themed editions). Shout It Out is especially good fun with a group of people.

5. Abby_B

Abby_B Supporting Actor

Should have known that someone on HTF would know the answer to how Shout about movies works! [​IMG] Thanks Brian! I agree that it's a great group game, since its so easy to play...what kind of questions did you like the best?