Movie Ticket's For Your Theater

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert McLay, Nov 3, 2002.

1. Robert McLay

Robert McLay Stunt Coordinator

Robert
    Newbie here, and first post at that, but I was wondering: I have been lurking here for almost a year now and about a month ago I seen some people talking about making movie tickets to mail out to their friends.
    Now I have a friend of mine, who is in the midst of a bad divorce, and has a little girl who loves movies. Me and my fiancee would like to invite them over to watch a movie, but we would like to send them a ticket.
    I have been using the search portion of the website to try and find that thread, but haven't gotten anywhere for the last 3 days. I was wondering if any of you fine folks might have some advice for me as I would like to get them mailed out fairly soon.
    I am very excited about finally taking the plunge and joining this fine forum. I have a feeling this is going to be a very bad addiction for me[​IMG] . I hope to speak on many topics with all of you from now on.
    Thanks ahead of time.
    Rob

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Rob, Welcome to the ranks!

bill

3. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Alfie
    Welcome Rob!

By chance have you considered maybe scanning those giant "movie tickets" that Best Buy and other electronics store have laying around advertising Netflix and rewording them to fit your needs?

Since it isn't being done for personal financial benefits, I don't see the harm in copying the ticket.

Just a thought

Alfer

4. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Very nice idea! I would also recommend scanning an image into a PC and altering it with a photo program. Go to Google and search for movie tickets, and then look under the images tab...

5. Andy_S

Andy_S Second Unit

I found a concert ticket online and removed all of the text using the cloning tool. Take a look here and let me know what you think:
    Ticket
    I would use Courier font to type in the info.

6. Robert McLay

Robert
    Thanks everyone. All very good ideas which I had not considered. And if any of mine turn out as well as yours Andy_S, then I will be thrilled. I just remember someone had laid one out in photoshop already and was allowing people to use it, but just plugging in their own stuff. But this is just as well.

Thanks,

Rob

7. Mark.D

Mark.D Agent

Maybe you could use something like this as the "background" to format and make up your own tickets?
    [​IMG]
    Or this?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Jim Mc

Jim Mc Agent

My wife found the TICKETS as invitations originally mentioned at a local party place, Gags & Gifts.

9. Robert McLay

Robert
    Thanks everyone for all your help. Once I decide which format I will go with I will post what they look like, and so that anyone else may use them if they wish.

Thanks

Rob

10. MikeHerbst

MikeHerbst Stunt Coordinator

Robert, don't overlook what can be done with a simple editor and (optionally) a word processor.
    I used the MS Image editor (built into windoze) to make this image:
    [​IMG]
    by taking a photo of my house (home theater) and messing with the color scales and then throwing the generic text on it.
    When I'm hosting a movie night, I import this image into Word and lay custom text over the top of the image, formatted like a Ticket Master movie ticket.
    I'm working on one right now for the "premier" of the LOTR extended edition that will read something to the effect of:
    ==================================
    Il Teatro Bel Casini presents:
    Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
    (Extended Special Edition)
    December 14, 2002
    Doors @ 6:30pm, Curtain @ 7:00pm
    There will be a 15minute intermission at 8:45pm
    ================================================
    Right now I'm just using a cheap movie-theater like font for this text. One day I might go so far as to have the ticket "blanks" reproduced onto card stock and then run them through a dot-matrix printer or something.... [​IMG]