movie star at the airport sighting!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Stephen-J, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Stephen-J

Stephen-J Auditioning

So i'm in a security check-point line at the New Orleans airport today and my 14 year-old niece whispers in my ear "there's someone famous standing behind us". I say "how far behind" and she whispers "RIGHT behind us".

So i casually turn around and... whoa! If it isn't the hollywood heart-throb who seems to be in every movie released these days - Jude Law! No doubt it's him, that visage is unmistakable. Plus, the security girl checking IDs is gawking at him, and she giggles when she looks at his passport.

Anyway, i know enough not to pester these famous people - they get pestered enough. But we're stuck in this security line together for a few minutes so i manage to trade a few words:

Me: I saw "Closer" last week - great movie!

Jude (in that suave brit accent): Really? Cool! Glad you liked it.

Me: What were doing in New Orleans, enjoying the cajun gumbo?

Jude: Shooting "all the kings men".

I also considered asking him who it was more fun smooching and canoodling with, Natalie Portman or Angeline Jolie - but i thought better of it.

Anyway, that was my movie excitement for the day. My Niece was happy to get an autograph but was upset she had packed her camera-cell so she couldn't show her friends.

I told her to make sure and tell all her pretty teenage girl-friends that her uncle is taller and more muscular than Jude Law! (though she says i'm not nearly as "hot"). (Sigh).

[​IMG]

2. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Haha[​IMG]

Great story. My dad already runs into famous people at airports, but I've never seen anyone. Probably a side effect of not traveling that much [​IMG]

3. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

That's a cool story indeed. Nearly the same exact thing happened to me at the Toronto airport a few months back...only it was Billy Crudup and not Jude Law.

4. Jeremy_Watson

Jeremy_Watson Stunt Coordinator

I saw Heather Graham at the baggage carousel in Sky Harbor Airport (Phx).

5. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Producer

Nice to see movie stars still travel on commercial flights. [​IMG]

I saw Kirstie Alley a few years back at the Burbank aiport before she gained all that weight. And Clint Eastwood actually worked out at my local health club for a few days while shooting a film in town. Af first, people actually approached him to say hi. But after a while, people left him alone.

~Edwin

6. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I saw Heather Graham the other night at the movie theater.

The last time I was at the airport I saw George Clinton, although i guess I live in LA now so I see "famous" people everyday. Daryl Hannah cut me off in traffic a few weeks ago and Steven Seagal swung wide in his SUV and almost took me out. I almost ran over Andy Richter as he was coming out of the grocery store last sunday.

They're like insects- they're e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. [​IMG]

7. Pamela

Pamela Supporting Actor

Two years ago, right before Christmas, I saw Colin Farrell at LAX. They were holding the plane, bound for NYC, for him. He was very cute, but wearing the most unattractive fur-lined parka!

Sat next to Brandy at O'Hare. Had no idea who she was, until kids started asking for her autograph.

Years ago, right before Terminator 2 was released, I saw Linda Hamilton at the Philly airport. She was there with her son. We were waiting for the same flight to LA, which managed to get cancelled. My grandfather, who had no idea who she was, chatted away with her for quite a while.

I fly out of LAX a lot, but I'm usually in a sleep deprivation stupor, so I don't pay much attention.

8. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

The one nice thing about all these new security measures at airports; the great equalizer!

9. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Wow just because he's a movie star? I wonder if they'd do the same for me. [​IMG]

Anyways, I'm not so lucky but my friend who travels all the time saw Mike Tyson and got a picture with Pharrell from NERD.

10. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

When I traveled a lot in business, I was gawked at and approached a couple of times cause it was said I looked like Don Johnson.......I guess I did cause the gawking happened at restaurants, airports, etc.....All my wifes friends also called me DJ...... especially when I had on my wayfarers..........
    I thought it was rather funny cause people sometimes kinda go spastic when they think they're in sight of a celeb.....

11. Stephen-J

Stephen-J Auditioning

Yeah... that surprised me as well. Or at least they have to go through the same security checkpoints. [​IMG]

12. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Several years ago we were on the same flight from Minneapolis to Bozeman, Montana with Margot Kidder. I didn't think it was her (she didn't look too good -- this was not too long before her breakdown), but my wife was convinced it was. She sat in first class -- we were in the cheap seats. When we were waiting for our luggage after the flight, she was standing there next to us holding a garment box with "Kidder" written on it. My wife still gives me a hard time for not believing it was Margot Kidder.

13. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

Not long after all of the new security measures were enacted United did hold a plane for me at SFO. (Granted it was only for a few minutes)

I had checked in my baggage and gotten my boarding pass but the line to get through the security check point to the gates was taking forever.(I think I was in line for almost an hour and a half.) They actually called out my name and moved me to the front of the line so I could get through and then carted me to the gate. I guess they didn’t want to have to rummage through the luggage hold and take mine off the plane.

14. James T

James T Screenwriter

It would be nice to see some movie celebs at the airport. I only saw David Suzuki at Pearson.

15. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    My cousin and I spotted Jerry Seinfeld and Shoshana at the Portland Airport. I also was sitting in the lobby of a hotel in Baltimore and Wayne Knight waddled through with his luggage.

Had a few star sightings at the HTF Meet, the best probably being Alyssa Milano. Funny thing is that most of the time we didn't know exactly who it was until someone said the name. Milano was surrounded by a few big guys and she had sunglasses on. I did get to see her walking away though [​IMG]

16. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I saw Kevin McCarthy at the Kauai Surf hotel in Hawaii, and I saw Robert Hegyes in L.A. We all were gathered in the front window of the van gawking at him ("That's Juan Epstein!") and he kind of looked up and smiled sheepishly. My father was on a flight with Kenny Loggins, and another with James Carville. Around the time Convoy was being filmed, he was staying at a hotel, and an actor invited him to a little gathering they were having. He ended up hanging out with Kris Kristofferson, Ali MacGraw, Ernest Borgnine and probably a few other members of the cast.

17. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

I met Denzel Washington. He came to the brokerage firm I work for during "Charity Day", representing the Boys and Girls Club. This happened about 3 weeks ago.

I got to talk to him a bit and took lots of pictures. He's a pretty cool guy. What surprised me the most was the number of women we have in our company. Never knew there were so many and they were all over him. [​IMG]

18. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

When I went to the Rose Bowl in 2000, I went to a restaurant in Hollywood and waited in the bar talking to Sharon Lawrence. I always thought she was pretty, but she's totally hot in person and really sweet.

19. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I went to the Rose Bowl in 2000 too! Purdue fan though...based on your location, I can only guess you were rooting for the Huskies [​IMG]

Lucky bastard...all I did was lay around at the Hyatt in Irvine for 4 days [​IMG]

20. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Gee, up here all I get is the late Dave Thomas of Wendy's fame asking me where the men's room is. That's about as exciting as this town gets.