What's new

Movie soundtracks (1 Viewer)

David S. Peterson

Stunt Coordinator
For fans of Battlestar and Bear McCreary check out his YouTube video of "Prelude to War" for Accordion Orchestra.
http://www.youtube.com/bearmccreary#p/a/u/1/oPu3XBSlJyk

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some forthcoming CD score/soundtrack albums being released early next year (source: Screen Archives' website):

The Raven (1963) / An Evening of Edgar Allen Poe (1970 TV series) - mid January
Sherlock (BBC TV series) - 30th January
The Trial (1962) - mid January.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Forthcoming CD score/soundtrack albums being released early next year (source: Screen Archives' website):

Battle of Neretva (1969) / The Naked and the Dead (1958) - early January
Lo Scialo (1987 TV mini-series) - mid January.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
If I am not mistaken, you can order online on Jan 13th at 1pm PST / 4pm EST (that's the time they usually go on sale on release day).

Good luck nabbing a copy (Wavecrest and I will both be picking the set up as well)!

Originally Posted by TravisR /t/261380/movie-soundtracks/60#post_3885170
Does anyone know what time La La Land starts accepting orders? I'm probably being paranoid but since that Friday The 13th set only has 1,300 copies, I want to be there when they 'open' next week.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ Thanks for the info! Now that you say that I do remember ordering The X-Files set right at 4 PM too.
I'm guessing the F13 set is going to be $70 because that's the price they're quoting for the special screening they're having in California that night.
Speaking of The X-Files, I hope they plan on doing a second set this year.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I think you are right on the price.

According to Mark Snow's Facebook page, the X-Files Vol. 1 sold extremely well (only a couple hundred left) so Vol. 2 is a certainty for 2012 (which I am super-excited for, especially since I am rewatching the series again right now and am amazed at how brilliant even the early episodes were!)

Originally Posted by TravisR /t/261380/movie-soundtracks/60#post_3885230
^ Thanks for the info! Now that you say that I do remember ordering The X-Files set right at 4 PM too.
I'm guessing the F13 set is going to be $70 because that's the price they're quoting for the special screening they're having in California that night.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Neil Middlemiss said:
According to Mark Snow's Facebook page, the X-Files Vol. 1 sold extremely well (only a couple hundred left) so Vol. 2 is a certainty for 2012 (which I am super-excited for, especially since I am rewatching the series again right now and am amazed at how brilliant even the early episodes were!)
I knew the set was still available but I had no clue if they had sold, say, 100 of the 3,000 copies or 2,800 of them so it's great to know that it's done well for them.
Squeeze, Ice, Beyond The Sea, E.B.E., Tooms and The Erlenmeyer Flask are all classics but the second season is the best of the best in my mind.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
No email notification from La La Land Records yet about the Friday the 13th I-VI boxset, with the tracklist. Front cover artwork is on website Friday the 13th: The Film Franchise, along with an interview with Harry Manfredini. Now I would normally post a link to an interview, news article or review...however, there's something on the website about a fan made Friday the 13th video game and I'm not sure if it's legit or not. So I won't be posting a link to the website.

Would be good if somewhere down the line an expanded version of the Friday the 13th Parts VII and VIII CD soundtrack could be released.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Die Hard said:
60#post_3885230
The price should be around $70. The confirmation should be in La La Land Records' email notification.

The X Files CD score/soundtrack boxset was worth the wait, and look forward to a possible second set. Had a short list of episodes I'd like to see included on a second set. Offhand I can think of "Drive" (the first standalone of the California/Los Angeles era, from the sixth season) and "Detour" from the fifth season.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
La-La Land sold out of the Friday 13th box set in less than a day. Still available atplaces like Buysoundtrax and Screen Archives. I hope everyone was able to snag a copy?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I ordered mine. I checked the site yesterday morning and was surprised to see they were gone in well under a day. I figured they'd last until the end of the weekend at least. Never underestimate the power of Friday The 13th.
Maybe La La Land will do two disc sets of Fred Mollin's scores for VII and VIII or Manfredini's scores for Jason Goes To Hell and Jason X.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by TravisR /t/261380/movie-soundtracks/60#post_3887781
I ordered mine. I checked the site yesterday morning and was surprised to see they were gone in well under a day. I figured they'd last until the end of the weekend at least. Never underestimate the power of Friday The 13th.
Maybe La La Land will do two disc sets of Fred Mollin's scores for VII and VIII or Manfredini's scores for Jason Goes To Hell and Jason X.
Wasn't expecting the Friday the 13th I-VI set to be sold out as quick as the expanded Die Hard score/soundtrack. But the horror film series has it's fans.

Am hoping myself that an expanded version of the soundtracks for Parts VII and VII is released.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Forthcoming CD score/soundtrack albums (source: Screen Archives' website):

Anda muchacho, spara! (aka Dead Men Ride) (1971) - late January
Animals United (Konferenz der Tiere) (2010) - late January
Back to Gaya (2004) - 24th January
Blackthorn (2011) - late January
Cartoni Animati (1997) - late January
Django Spara Per Primo (Django Shoots First) (1966) - late January
Ennio Morricone: The Complete Edition - 15 CD Box (Re-issue) - late January
The Grey (2012) - 14th February
il Prato (The Meadow) (1979) - late January
Jane Eyre (1943) (Re-issue) - 31st January
L'isola degli Uomini Desce (Screamers) (1979) - late January
Man on a Ledge (2012) - 7th February
Minetras Duermes (aka Sleep Tight) (2011) - late January
Pigalle, la nuit (2009) (TV series) - mid February
Red Tails (2012) - 7th February
Safe House (2012) - 7th February
Underworld: Awakening (2012) - 14th February
A Vous de Jouer Milord (1974) (TV mini-series) - mid February.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Neil Middlemiss said:
La-La Land sold out of the Friday 13th box set in less than a day. Still available atplaces like Buysoundtrax and Screen Archives. I hope everyone was able to snag a copy?
Nope, I didn't even know about it until the 15th. Now its going between $300-$500 on E-Bay.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some forthcoming CD movie score/soundtrack albums (source: Screen Archives' website):

The Golden Age of Hollywood 2 - early March
il Sindacalista (The Labor Organizer) (1972) - mid February
Ritratto di Borghesia in Nero (1978) - mid February
Una su 13 (2 CD) (1969) - mid February
The Woman in Black (2012) - mid March.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some forthcoming CD movie score/soundtrack albums (source: Screen Archives' website):

Avalanche (1978) - late February
Dr. Seuss' The Lorax (2012) - 6th March
Eroe Vagabondo (1966) - late February
Hardly Working (1980) - late February
Haywire (2011) - mid February
The Innkeepers (2011) - 7th February
John Carter (2012) - 6th March
The Molly Maguires (1970) - late February.

rosebud

Auditioning
Real Name
Rosebud Stanley
Absolutely, I think the music is so important in a film, it really adds to the emotional drive of the film. When I read the title of this thread I though immedaitely of the Lord of the Rings soundtrack by Howard Shore. I love his choice of instrument for each location/race of peoples visited in the film, its so subtle it took a lot of listening for me to realise how clever it is.
Happy Listening.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard

Dawn of the Dragonslayer (2011) - 21st February
Electra Glide in Blue (1973) - mid February
Gone (2012) - 20th March
Imitation of Life (1959) / Interlude (1957) - early March
Minnesota Clay (1964) - late February.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard

Arizona Colt (1966) - late February
Ben-Hur (5CD) (1959) - late February
The Gauntlet (1977) - late February
The Music of John Williams: The Definitive Edition (6CD) - late February
Operazione Poker (1965) - late February
A Tribute to John Williams: An 80th Birthday Celebration - 28th February
Un Uomo Chiamato Apocalisse Joe (1970) - late February.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks