What's new

Movie sequels we actually WANT to see. (1 Viewer)

Julie K

Screenwriter
I really should check out the "mutant killer snowman", it sounds interesting actually!
Are these really good movies?
Well, a lot depends on your definition of "good" ;)
These are very campy, silly movies that were made knowing they were campy, silly movies, so they do not suffer from being too serious. A lot of people are going to downright hate these films, but if you're among the special few who love goofy gory films, then Jack Frost is terrific. Just don't expect any sort of serious horror in movies with a mutant killer snowman, ok?
I really do want a Jack Frost 3: Jackzilla.
(See the second one and you'll understand...)

Will K

Screenwriter
Near Dark II(original cast)
Priscilla II(Terrance Stamp could play dual roles: Bernadette faces off against General Zod)
The Thing II(only with Carpentar, Russell, and a good script) or Escape From Earth
Curly Sue Redux(there were so many unanswered questions!)
a real sequel to Caddyshack

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Just don't expect any sort of serious horror in movies with a mutant killer snowman, ok?
Oh no, I wouldn't expect to take a mutant killer snowman very seriously at all.:)
On the other hand I like a good campy horror film.
Hey, has anyone ever seen "Children shouldn't play with dead things"? Julie if you are a campy horror guru, you must have seen this, I saw this as a kid and it really creeped me out, this movie is for sure a campy horror film lovers delight.
I just wish I knew where to find it!

Julie K

Screenwriter
Hey, has anyone ever seen "Children shouldn't play with dead things"?

Oh, I love that movie. If you like that Sean, you should also love the Jack Frost movies.

(BTW, Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things is available real cheap at Amazon. The transfer on the DVD is not very good, but considering that it's likely the only one we'll ever see, I'm content.)

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Julie,

Are you serious? Children shouldn't play with.... is out on DVD? WOW! I didn't even know it was available on VHS!

The master copy of CSPWDT's is probably not great anyway, this was a pretty low budget movie, even back in the late 60's or 70's.

I will get on Amazon ASAP and see if I can pick one up, oh and I'll try out Jack Frost as well.

Thanks for the info Julie!

Julie K

Screenwriter
Are you serious?
"I'm always serious" ;)
No, really, Children Shouldn't... is on DVD. What a fun little film and I'm so glad it's on DVD.
I've realized Jack Frost may be real hard to find. It's out of print (so is Jack Frost 2 but there are a lot of copies floating around.) It's worth the effort to track down, though.

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
I would LOVE to see a sequel to "Unbreakable". I absolutely loved this movie.

If I had my way there would be a Batman 3 which takes place after "Batman Returns". "Batman Forever" and "Batman & Robin" would be conveniently forgotten. Two Face would get the treatment he deserves. Original cast and director would return of course.

On the subject of "Prequels I DON'T want to see". The Batman Year 1 project is on the top of my list. As far as I'm concerned Batman Year 1 was covered in the first film - the concept not the actual comic book story.

On the other hand, "Smallville" was a pleasant surprise and it's one of my favorite new shows. I don't think Batman would work as well this way.

Put me down for a "Zero Effect" sequel as well.

Paul E V

Stunt Coordinator
A Christine sequel would be good but they already explained that stuff happened elsewhere later ---- perhaps the movie would be about those happenings
I'd like to see a sequel to the new POTA but I've heard that there won't be one
I totally agree with SW: VII, VIII, and VIX ---- finish the story George ;)

Todd Christ

Stunt Coordinator
TRON
Link Removed
with today's special effects and everyone's knowlege of computers has increased 1000%, i think this could rival many current movies - i.e. get the geeks off the computer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks