Movie related Homework Help

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Adam Sanchez, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Adam Sanchez

Adam Sanchez Supporting Actor

Oct 4, 1999

I am not looking for you all to do my homework or anything, but I do need some advice or suggestions that might stir up some ideas of my own or point me in the right direction.

I basically need about 10-15 seconds of a clip from a movie to animate. It can be 2 people talking or one saying a funny line... something like that.

This is for my Computer Animation Production Class. The setting we have been given (which we don't HAVE to use) is a bar scene, where we are going to animate characters with lip sync and all that to the sound file we choose. We can even make our own if we like, but I think I rather use a sound clip from a movie.

The subject matter doesn't matter, I would like to do it wiht a line that's funny. Maybe a line that can be used in another way, even though the actual scene of a movie it's from is a totally different scene. For a perfect example of this, check here: (I think that scene is so perfect, the images the animator made to go with the sound file.)

Any suggestions, or movie's with good lines, I apprecite. The sound doesn't actually have to be from a bar scene in a movie, that's just where it's going to be when I'm done. Just someone talking or talking to someone else would work. [​IMG]
  2. Jude Faelnar

Jude Faelnar Stunt Coordinator

Sep 9, 1998
    A couple of scenes from Casablanca (1942) readily comes to mind. Although, these lines aren't really "funny," they occur in a bar (actually, a cafe). And these are instantly recognizable:

1] Scene: interior of "Rick's Cafe Americain" between Ilsa (Ingrid Bergman) and Sam (Dooley Wilson):

Ilsa: Play it once, Sam. For old times' sake.
    Sam: [lying] I don't know what you mean, Miss Elsa.
    Ilsa: Play it, Sam. Play "As Time Goes By."
    Sam: [lying] Oh, I can't remember it, Miss Elsa. I'm a little rusty on it.
    Ilsa: I'll hum it for you. Da-dy-da-dy-da-dum, da-dy-da-dee-da-dum...
    [Sam begins playing]
    Ilsa: Sing it, Sam.
    Sam: [singing] You must remember this / A kiss is still a kiss / A sigh is just a sigh / The fundamental things apply / As time goes by. / And when two lovers woo, / They still say, "I love you" / On that you can rely / No matter what the future brings-...

2] Scene: interior of "Rick's Cafe Americain" between Rick (Humphrey Bogart) and Sam (Dooley Wilson):

Sam: Boss, ain't you going to bed?
    Rick: Not right now.
    Sam: Ain't you planning on going to bed in the near future?
    Rick: No.
    Sam: You ever going to bed?
    Rick: No!
    Sam: Well, I ain't sleepy either.

Rick: You know what I want to hear.
    Sam: [lying] No, I don't.
    Rick: You played it for her, you can play it for me!
    Sam: [lying] Well, I don't think I can remember...
    Rick: If she can stand it, I can! Play it!

Rick: Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.