What's new

Movie quotes that you hate and want to smack people for saying.... (1 Viewer)

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit
#1 Any Austin Powers impression....

Just hand me a bat---Yeah..baby!!! yeah!! UGHGH@!!!

Anything that makes you want to throw up?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
*sniff*sniff....do I detect a poll?
SHOW ME THE MONEY!
or
YOU HAD ME FROM HELLO!
or
anything from "Jerry Maguire" really. ;)

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
"Do not go in there!"
Ace Ventura, Pet Detective
Sadly, people still use this quote. Maybe its where I live?

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
How exactly is this a poll? Just curious.

Let me clarify. Yes, I can see how this can be viewed as a poll, but it seems kind of a broad definition to be using and not very consistent in application.

"Car seats: Leather or cloth?" (obvious poll)

"Just bought Mitsubishi Eclipse basic RS for $24,000. Good Deal?" (could be seen as a yes/no poll)

"Anyone know of some good Space Art websites?" (public opinion poll)

"Help me choose a pet rodent" (another public opinion poll)

These are a few of the topics still over in the Lounge that could be viewed as polls using such a broad definition. Not trying to be snotty or anything...I've just always been a little bit confused about how this rule is applied.

Aaron

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the Jerry Maguire quotes. I never actually saw the movie... and I don't wanna. I might become one of those people who say things like "SHOW ME THE MONEY!".

(shudder)

So what the hell movie did that "happy camper" thing come from? Are you a happy camper? We're not happy campers. Joe over there is not a happy camper either, and his friend Freckles is a clinically depressed caver.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
I've blocked the exact quote from my memory, but it's where Cypher talks about Kansas going "bye-bye" when Neo takes the red pill.

Then there's every single utterance from Jar-Jar in Ep 1.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
Jim Carrey's expression, "Alrighty then," (not sure what movie it's from) has penetrated deep into the cultural lexicon. I hear people say it all the time, probably without even realizing they're quoting a terrible movie. But it's nowhere near as annoying as Austin Powers' "Yeah baby." Thankfully, that expression has become so cliché that most people dare not use it.

On a side note, where did the expression "peachy keen" come from? These days it's used sarcastically, but I still find it incredibly annoying.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
How about this one I'm CONSTANTLY hearing from Jawa-hating executives in my bank building! ........
"I can't abide those Jawas! Disgusting creatures!" :laugh:

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Much like "Yeah, Baby!"..."Ooooh! Behave!". It's still (a little) funny when Mike Meyers does it; not when anybody else does it.

I hate whenever I hear people say "Yoo tawkin' to mee?", as if they sound like DeNiro.

I cringe when people try to say "Gort Klaatu Barada Niktu" (which I probably spelled wrong).

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!" irritates me even when used in new movies as a joke.

Anything ever said by E.T.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Oh, I thought of another:
Sorry, my bad!
Don't know where it started, but I cringe every time I hear it. It doesn't even make any sense.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Er, "happy camper" and "alrighty then" long predate whatever movie you guys think they're associated with. In this case a screenwriter took something that was already a cliche in normal conversation and used it in a movie.

Regards,

Joe

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Rich, maybe you don't like Crowe's work, but JM is a damn fine film.

However, the first quote I thought of for this thread was "Show me the money". It sticks in your head and just gets annoying, though the moment in the film is excellent.

You had me from hello is getting way over used.

The Ace Ventura stuff, and most certainly the Austin Powers stuff. Don't people realize that "Yeah baby" was ALWAYS the least funny thing from the films, even when they first came out. I'd much rather hear "I'm higher on the food chain, get in mah belly" 1000 times over than Yeah baby.

I'll be back.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
"YOU CAN'T WIN TWO TILL YOU WIN THE FIRST ONE"
No...wait....That's a GOOD saying! :)
How about......"Let's do lunch!" It's kind of annoying in a yuppie kind of way. :)
Edit -- Guess these aren't "movie" quotes anyway.
"Never Mind!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks