What's new

Movie posters.....my thoughts (1 Viewer)

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
You know...I recently broke down and bought a movie poster light box so I can begin to display my favorite movie posters in the home theater (which is also my living room....yes I am single at the moment). :)
Anyway.....I have spent many hours searching for my favorite posters and trying to find double sided versions of these to put into the light box. I have noticed that for many movies I actually prefer the "alternate" or international versions of a movie's poster rather than the domestic version.
Does anyone feel the same way? Sometimes this is not true for me but it is more often than not. A great example would be the TITANIC poster. I love the international version with the ship shown from the side & Jack and Rose above it, rather than the domestic version with the bow of the ship rising to the top.
Why do they always save the good artwork for the international versions and make it hard to come by here in the states?
Perhaps I am just so use to seeing the domestic verisons by the time a movie comes out that I like the newness of alternate posters. I don't know.......anyway....off to decorate for the holidays and change my poster to THE GRINCH.
:)

Brad_W

Screenwriter
If I could only get my hands on the "Revenge of the Jedi" poster.

There is one poster at a theater in Muskegon, Michigan that is encased in glass. I should have worked there and then stole it.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I've got one - and it's an original, not the Lucas-reprint for the fan club! No, it's not for sale. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks