Movie Posters: best online source???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jenna, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Jenna

Jenna Second Unit

Would like opinions on the best online source for movie posters....I'm redecorating my Home Theater.

Anyone??

2. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    I just searched Ebay for movie posters and plenty of sellers with 1000+ positive feedbacks were selling movie posters at competitive prices.

3. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

4. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Hard to beat Allposters.com

plus if you check dvdpricesearch.com you can find online coupon codes for discounts for allposters.

Good Luck.[​IMG]

BTW, my home theater consists of posters from all 5 Star Wars movies, plus their advance posters from SW. One FOTR poster, Pearl Harbor, Singin' In The Rain, and The Wizard Of Oz.

5. Rob P S

Rob P S Screenwriter

rob
  6. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Any ideas on frames? I like the Walmart frames, but the one in my area doesn't carry 27" x 40", which seems to be the standard poster size. All they have is 24" x 36" (for about $15 to $20. [​IMG]

Jenna, I started a thread on this in AHL several months ago. There were some very good suggestions in it.

--
    Holadem

7. Michael Hall

Michael Hall Stunt Coordinator

I'm still in the process of trying to find more frames for my posters (all I have framed right now are the theatrical release posters of Episode I and Episode II of SW), but I got both of my frames from Suncoast for right around 20 dollars each. They're not really fancy or anything, but they are better than the "slide on edge" posters that Wal*Mart carries.

The trick is catching them in stock at Suncoast, as they tend to sell pretty well, and the one I frequented went out of stock on them quite regularly.

8. Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y Screenwriter

Anyone seen any DareDevil posters in stores?

9. Wes C

Wes C Supporting Actor

10. GabrielleG

GabrielleG Stunt Coordinator

Joshua_Y Allposters has a few. Unfortunately the Electra one is not 27X40. On a side but related note I was able to get some small 13X22 Daredevil posters when I went to see the movie. Though I do like the quality of the posters that I have received from allposters I have found that some of them are not the size that they are listed as. It says the Shawshank Redemption poster is 27X40 on the website but its really more like 27X 38.5. Just an FYI.

Gabrielle

11. Tony-B

Tony-B Producer

I also agree with Allposters. I got my Back to the Future and Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring posters from them.

12. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

I don't think anybody mentioned MovieMarket.com, they have plenty of posters at relatively cheap prices and thousands of 8x10s that I like to collect [​IMG]

13. Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y Screenwriter

14. Jenna

Jenna Second Unit

15. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

I usually buy from Rick's Movie Graphics - www.ricksmovie.com . I have nothing against the other options listed here, just saying that I have bought from them and been quite satisfied.

I stick to reprints though since mine are just for decoration and not for collection.

16. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Bumping a dead thread, but I had a question. Does anyone know any places to get frames for British Quads (30x40)?

17. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
  18. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Thanks Niel. I don't really want to pay for 5 of those sleeves, but I may drop 10 for one of the hangers. Do you know if they are decent quality?

19. Jenna

Jenna Second Unit

To update my quest for posters:
    I've since ordered twice from both movieposters.com and art.com and have been pretty satisfied with both quality and delivery. I placed all my orders on Thursday evenings and both times, the posters were received the following Friday by 4pm (one from UPS, the other via USMail).

The posters were well shipped, the packages arrived in perfect condition, and the orders were 100% correct. I was also able to find an original 2-sided "SpiderMan" poster (with the TwinTowers reflected in his mask) for less than $30 at art.com.

The ONLY problem I've had is that ONE of these sites has sold/shared my email. Since placing my two orders online, I've found my mailbox flooded with X-rated email. I doubt this is a coincidence. [​IMG]

20. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I placed an order from pixposters.com 5 days ago, and aside from the order confirmation, I haven't heard anything. Is this standard operating procedure?