movie poster frames

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by mylan, Oct 20, 2005.

1. mylan

mylan Screenwriter

I am getting ready to hang some posters in my dedicated H.T. and I had a question about the different types. I could go with the "quick snap" or a frame that hangs more like a regular picture. Will the quick snap frames require four holes, and will they mar the wall when snapping them in and out? I don't plan on changing poster regularly but still want that to be an option.

2. mylan

mylan Screenwriter

25 views and no opinions! Doesn't sound like this group.
    Anyone?

3. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I'm not sure what you mean by "quick snap." Can you provide a link to the product you have in mind?

It seems if you don't see yourself changing out posters frequently a regular frame would be sufficient. It might not be as easy but then you're not doing it very often.

4. Brian Osborne

Brian Osborne Stunt Coordinator

Money permiting I'd do regular wooden frames and have the posters drymounted. I'm doing the same thing in my room. Have a frame shop install or purchase yourself some turnbuttons on the back of your frame. this will allow you to change out your posters without too much dificulty and looks much better. having your spares drymounted as well will keep them looking nice and prevent them from getting too dinged up while not in the frame.
    If you buy a cheap frame for a poster It'll look like a cheap frame hanging on your wall. IMO those cheap plastic snap together frames should be left in the dorm room when you leave....

5. Don.l

Don.l Stunt Coordinator

I think I may buy one from eBay and the River City Lightboxes. They are really the most reasonable prices I've found. Unless you want to DIY which I may still consider. I really would like it recessed into the wall, and may do that soon before framing is finished.

Don