movie poster frames - suggestions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonKrol, Aug 29, 2001.

1. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

Hey all,
    I just ordered my Toshiba 50H81 16x9 and already have a good surround sound setup. I wanna spice up my ht a little more and I have a few mint Movie Posters. I havent had much luck finding frames to fit the standard movie poster size in my local shops (ac moore etc.) any suggestions on where I can find good quality frames specifically for movie posters? I would also like them to have some kind of lighting, but not necessary as I can create something myself. Thanks for the information!!
    ------------------
    - Jason
    My DVD Collection

2. Dan Keefe

Dan Keefe Second Unit

If you want them in frames check out www.allwall.com
    My wife bought me an original Rocky poster and had it framed and it is sweet. www.hollywoodgalleries.com is another place I have bought posters. I cannot describe the proccess very well so check it out. They don't exactly frame the poster. But I have gotten posters there and they turned out great. They will also put anything you want pics, diplomas etc on their "frames"
    dan

3. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

Jason,
    htmarket.com and showoffdisplays.com both have movie poster frames and they have a pretty broad selection at various price points. They have backlit poster frames as well as non-lit ones. Check both sites since prices may vary.
    Hope this helps!
    ------------------
    Scott

4. Robin Smith

Robin Smith Stunt Coordinator

One alternative is to try going to a framing store and buy lengths of pre-cut framing material (I believe Michael's may even sell them). They are lengths of extruded metal that are pre-cut with the 45 degree angle on each end. You simply match up the lengths to the object you wish to frame and then join them with metal corner pices that screw the lenghts together.
    We bought some of them from a framing supply store (who actually cut the stuff to length) when they ahd a big sale. We also bought glass from them. We were surprised how inexpensive it was even with the anti-glare glass. I think for ~$240CAN we were able to frame 4 8*10 ish pictures and one large 30*18. This included framing members, glass, matting for three of the pics, acid free kappa board for backing and the mounting hardware too.
    This is the route I will explore going when I need to frame the as yet to exist movie posters for my as yet to exist home theatre.
    Robin Smith

5. Darren Mortensen

Darren Mortensen Stunt Coordinator

I did the same as Robin Smith. I went to HOBBY LOBBY locally and bought the precut metal frames. I had them cut the glass and matte...if I recall it was about $30.00. They look great! A great fit!
    ------------------
    Darren in Kansas City