What's new

AMC A-List & other theater subscriptions (1 Viewer)

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
My A-list movie today was Mary Queen of Scotts. Liked it, but the strange Hollywood avoidance of aging make-up in the 21st century is evident in the last scene where the c.45 year old Mary appears to be the 23 year old age of actress Saoirse Ronan, which took me out of the film. Some grey hair color and a bit of wrinkle make up would have worked just fine. This lowered my rating of the movie from a B+ to a B right there.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
For the AMC A-List is there a limit of one movie per day?

I've never heard of such a thing. In conversations I've had with friends who have A-List, they've said they can see multiple movies in a day if they want to so long as they don't do more than three a week. This is all secondhand since I don't have A-List personally, but if they are imposing a daily limit, that would appear to be new.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've never heard of such a thing. In conversations I've had with friends who have A-List, they've said they can see multiple movies in a day if they want to so long as they don't do more than three a week. This is all secondhand since I don't have A-List personally, but if they are imposing a daily limit, that would appear to be new.
@Patrick Sun Thank you. I hope Patrick Sun or somebody else can answer that question.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
The only thing I'll add to what Josh said is that showtimes can't overlap. So if you're seeing a 12:30 that the last end credit rolls at 2:47, you can't go see a 2:45 showing even though you would theoretically not be missing anything (because of the 20+ minutes of trailers).

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I haven’t had any trouble doing that. As far as I can tell, the app requires showtimes to be no less than two hours apart. So it’s been totally okay, in my experience, with reserving an 8pm showtime and a 10pm showtime on the same day, even though the length of the movie plus trailers means the 8pm doesn’t end until 10:15 or so.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
The only thing I'll add to what Josh said is that showtimes can't overlap. So if you're seeing a 12:30 that the last end credit rolls at 2:47, you can't go see a 2:45 showing even though you would theoretically not be missing anything (because of the 20+ minutes of trailers).

This is not true in my experience.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
OK, well I stand corrected then. There were some posts I read elsewhere about a month ago that indicated that they had changed the two hours apart rule and now it's just that the showtimes can't overlap.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
For the AMC A-List is there a limit of one movie per day? I know there is a 3 movie limit per week.
Well, I finally joined AMC A-List program. I didn't join before now because the AMC complex in my city isn't as good as the other two theater complexes near me, but I'm going to try it out for $19.95 per month for the next three months. For one of my first movies I'll be taking a 120 mile round trip to see "A Star is Born" again in the closest Dolby Cinema theater near me. I've never been in a Dolby Cinema theater so I'm going to check it out this weekend. So now I have Sinemia and A-List which should cover me well cinema-wise.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Well, I finally joined AMC A-List program. I didn't join before now because the AMC complex in my city isn't as good as the other two theater complexes near me, but I'm going to try it out for $19.95 per month for the next three months. For one of my first movies I'll be taking a 120 mile round trip to see "A Star is Born" again in the closest Dolby Cinema theater near me. I've never been in a Dolby Cinema theater so I'm going to check it out this weekend. So now I have Sinemia and A-List which should cover me well cinema-wise.
I think you'll love Dolby Cinema and ASIB is a perfect movie to see in that format.

Just out of curiosity, what are the two other chains you normally go to?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have another question about A-List. Which day does the new week begin for your 3 movies per week, I'm thinking it's Friday? If Friday begins the new week then I might see 2 movies today as I at least see a couple of movies before this week's allotment of 3 expires on me.

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
A-List report for month 5 .... November 29 - December 28.

Movies seen via A-List this month ......... 12

Cost if I bought tickets at box office ............ $131

A-List cost .......................................................... $21

Savings for month 5 ....................................... $110

Cumulative savings for 5 months** .............................. $457

** Since 7/29, I have seen 64 movies that would have cost $562 for the $105 I have paid to A-List.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I have another question about A-List. Which day does the new week begin for your 3 movies per week, I'm thinking it's Friday? If Friday begins the new week then I might see 2 movies today as I at least see a couple of movies before this week's allotment of 3 expires on me.

Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Gettin' down on Friday
Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend
Partyin', partyin' (Yeah)
Partyin', partyin' (Yeah)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads