What's new

AMC A-List & other theater subscriptions (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Neighbor is already out by us so we missed that one.

Did see Skyscraper today and man it was so absurd.

But we loved it for its absurdity.
All of it was utter nonsense and so ridiculous.

Was pretty much the Towering Inferno and Die Hard ratcheted up by 100.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

So it's like "Die Hard in a Tower"? :laugh:

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I just wanted to provide a heads-up on the MP peak-pricing. The one free "peak pass" per month reportedly isn't in effect yet. So if you go see a movie with peak pricing, you will be charged the fee.

That should have been implemented at the same time, at least in my opinion. I went back and read through the FAQ regarding this and it says "in the coming weeks, every subscriber will be able to waive one peak fee per month."

The good news is that E-Ticket theaters aren't subject to peak-pricing...yet.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

But nowhere near as good as those classics.

Saw it using A-List. Not as bad as it could have been and not as good as I had hoped.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Alamo Drafthouse is testing a movie-pass service this summer. Friends tell me it's $20/mo.
https://drafthouse.com/victory/seasonpass

HOW WILL THE ALAMO SEASON PASS WORK?

Unlimited movies for one low monthly price. It’s that simple. When you have an Alamo Season Pass, you’ll use the Alamo Drafthouse Mobile App on iOS or Android to reserve your seat. No need to be at the theater - you can do it from anywhere, days in advance.

Once you get to the theater you’ll unlock your ticket using the mobile app - there’s no need to stop by the box office. Head straight into the theater, find your spot and show your ticket to your server. It’s that easy.

Bringing a friend? You can easily purchase additional companion tickets at the same time you make your reservation.

HOW WILL THE BETA TEST WORK?

Each week we’ll invite people from the waitlist to purchase an Alamo Season Pass. The price and other features of the season pass will be detailed on your invitation. Once you receive your invitation, you’ll have two weeks to decide if you want to purchase your pass. If you decide not to, your place in line will be given to someone else.

WHERE CAN I USE THE ALAMO SEASON PASS?

We’ll be testing Alamo Season Pass in a limited number of cities, starting in Yonkers, NY. This waitlist will help us determine which cities we will test in next.

WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?

You’ve got to be a member of Alamo Victory, our free rewards program, in order to purchase an Alamo Season Pass. If you aren’t a member, click here to join for free.

In order to learn what features our customers like the most, we’ll test different features of the program at different price points. It’s possible during the Beta Test that you may subscribe to a slightly different plan than someone else. We’re not playing favorites, it’s just (data) science.

This is a limited Beta Test, and we can't guarantee that everyone who joins the waitlist will be invited to participate in the Beta Test.

The Alamo Season Pass can only be used at Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas. Obviously.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Well I gotta thank Movie Pass for forcing these other companies to step up their game and offer these great plans.

Thanks MP!!!:thumbsup::dancing-banana-04:

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
If you pay 3 or 4 MP surcharges a month then that is $20+ a month total for MP. Mind as well switch to A-list at that pointif AMC is an option, and be able to see movies in premium formats as well.

When MP announced the surcharges, I canceled the next day. I’ve seen 3 movies with A-list and love the service. I’m going to see so many IMAX movies now, I’ll put this AMC out of business.

Thank you, MP, for pushing AMC to create A-list!

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
If you pay 3 or 4 MP surcharges a month then that is $20+ a month total for MP. Mind as well switch to A-list at that pointif AMC is an option, and be able to see movies in premium formats as well.
That's assuming that all of the movies you want to see are playing at AMC. Probably 40-50% of the films I see are arthouse films that AMC doesn't show. I see those at Landmark and since they are an e-ticket chain, they are exempt from Peak Pricing.

I'm seeing two this week: Leave No Trace and Three Identical Strangers. Neither of those are at an AMC here in Indidnapolis. So it's still well worth the $9.95 for me.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

When MP announced the surcharges, I canceled the next day. I’ve seen 3 movies with A-list and love the service. I’m going to see so many IMAX movies now, I’ll put this AMC out of business.

Thank you, MP, for pushing AMC to create A-list!

That's assuming that all of the movies you want to see are playing at AMC. Probably 40-50% of the films I see are arthouse films that AMC doesn't show. I see those at Landmark and since they are an e-ticket chain, they are exempt from Peak Pricing.

I'm seeing two this week: Leave No Trace and Three Identical Strangers. Neither of those are at an AMC here in Indidnapolis. So it's still well worth the $9.95 for me.
Also consider if you’re in a small market. I’m feeling royally screwed by A-List because there’s a pattern no in our only AMC theater in Little Rock. Two 3D showings of a movie a day, and no 3D in the imax. When I signed up they required a 3 month commitment. Now I’m thinking of calling them to try to cancel since they are not delivering on what I want.

I find it hard to go to another theater chain when I’ve already paid to see the movie at AMC.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Also consider if you’re in a small market. I’m feeling royally screwed by A-List because there’s a pattern no in our only AMC theater in Little Rock. Two 3D showings of a movie a day, and no 3D in the imax. When I signed up they required a 3 month commitment. Now I’m thinking of calling them to try to cancel since they are not delivering on what I want.

I find it hard to go to another theater chain when I’ve already paid to see the movie at AMC.
I hate to be hard on you, but it sounds like you didn't properly evaluate the number of AMC theaters in your local area before signing up. I'm in the same boat as far as local AMC theaters availability which is why I haven't sign up for this program.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I hate to be hard on you, but it sounds like you didn't properly evaluate the number of AMC theaters in your local area before signing up. I'm in the same boat as far as local AMC theaters availability which is why I haven't sign up for this program.
I knew there was only one AMC and it had an imax. At the time I signed up, they were showing JW2 in 3D on the imax with several showings to choose from. I assumed that would continue. I was wrong.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
This is why I won’t get a list.

One amc and it is a low rent one at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks