What's new

AMC A-List & other theater subscriptions (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I got MoviePass knowing that for movies that would requires advance purchase, I'd still would have to pony up for those movies, and I am okay with that limitation. Since I don't mind seeing movies by myself, Movie Pass is fine for same-day ticket buys for 90% of the movies I might want to see on a whim. It's only the opening day movies with a lot of public interest that would have me ordering advance tickets and paying for the convenience if I wanted to see those movies with friends.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I saw Jumamji today on MP. It turned out to not be the most traumatic experience in the world watching a 2D version of a 3D movie :D

I purchased my ticket at the kiosk, but I could hear the conversation of a guy on the ticket line buying from a human who was using a MoviePass. The customer appeared to have trouble using the pass/app and the cashier was offering tips and it was obvious that the cashier had been through this drill before. So these things are definitely gaining a foothold!

It was a Regal so Colin will be proud of me! ;)

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I have to relogin every time I use it

Got my wife a card and she has to do this every time. I do not have to. Cards ordered at the same time, received the same day and the app works fine for me, not for her. We even have matching phones. Kind of a head scratcher.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Got Moviepass on Jan 4. I've seen 8 films on MP so far ;)

Would agree the app is garbage. I have to relogin every time I use it
They’re referring to Sinemia’s App being garbage. Not Movie Pass

I’ve had zero issues with the MP app.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I used MP yesterday for "The Greatest Showman". The movie didn't appeal to me (primarily because I disliked the songwriters work in La La Land, and was concerned about seeing Barnum portrayed in a completely favorable/idealized light), but my wife and her friend were going, and with admission being free on an MP, I figured the company was more important than the movie selection. I have to say, this is a perfect example of what MP is great for. I wasn't going to spend $16.50 to see this, but for free on a day I had nothing better to do, it was a nice way to spend the afternoon. Maybe it was just my low expectations, but I actually enjoyed the film somewhat. I didn't like the two "biggest" songs in the film but I found many to be toe-tappingly good, and the cast does a fantastic job performing them. Not something I'd ever need to revisit, but a nice way to spend an afternoon.

So... Crawdaddy was right and I was wrong on this one!

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The theater I saw The Post at doesn't accept moviepass (it doesn't even show up as a theater in the app) and it is my favorite theater to go to. It does work with Sinemia. Also all of the premium screens near me are showing The Commuter which I don't have a strong desire to see. I don't see an issue using at least 2 of my three movies I get a month at the theater I actually like going to.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Used Movie Pass for 12 Strong. Not bad, but not great. I suspect the general public will like this film more than the critics. Some great action scenes. Interesting seeing Chris Hemsworth and his wife Elsa Pataky playing husband and wife in this film. Also, I recognized director/writer Taylor Sheridan in the film.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The theater I saw The Post at doesn't accept moviepass (it doesn't even show up as a theater in the app) and it is my favorite theater to go to. It does work with Sinemia. Also all of the premium screens near me are showing The Commuter which I don't have a strong desire to see. I don't see an issue using at least 2 of my three movies I get a month at the theater I actually like going to.
I still don't understand how any theater can refuse MP unless they don't take credit/debit cards of any kind. It seems like they would be in violation of their agreement with Visa/MC to accept all cards branded with their logo. I would submit a complaint against the theater to Visa/MC for denial of services.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
None of the theater chain's theaters even appear on the app so you can't even tell the app to load the money on your card.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks