What's new

AMC A-List & other theater subscriptions (5 Viewers)

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
For the first time, I will be using A-List to see the same movie twice in a week. I will see Captain Marvel again, because (a) there are literally no other new releases in my two AMC theaters this week**, and (b) I liked it a whole lot.

But this second time will be in the Dolby Cinema format. Friday I saw CM in 3D.

** Well, in a sense. My third choice will the "encore" Director's Cut presentation of A Star is Born, which one might call a new release.

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
For the first time, I will be using A-List to see the same movie twice in a week. I will see Captain Marvel again, because (a) there are literally no other new releases in my two AMC theaters this week**, and (b) I liked it a whole lot.

But this second time will be in the Dolby Cinema format. Friday I saw CM in 3D.

** Well, in a sense. My third choice will the "encore" Director's Cut presentation of A Star is Born, which one might call a new release.

How was the 3D? I was planning on IMAX - assuming it uses the usual expanded aspect ratio - but if the 3D's great, I'll go that way...

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I thought it was above average 3D for Marvel - on par with Guardians/Avengers 1/Doctor Strange/Ant-Man.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Apparently Sinemia has been randomly terminating memberships:

Yeah, I've been keeping track of that situation. People are also complaining about submitting two images to them with a government issued ID by itself and then with a picture with you holding the ID.

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Sinemia says an over-zealous fraud detector is responsible for the erroneous account deletions, but I'd be curious to see the usage rates of those who have been purged who haven't violated any terms of service.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sinemia says an over-zealous fraud detector is responsible for the erroneous account deletions, but I'd be curious to see the usage rates of those who have been purged who haven't violated any terms of service.
I'm probably going to cancel my subscription when it runs out at the end of the year. After what's happening with them and my experience with MoviePass, I don't trust these type of companies. Depending on my usage, I might give up A-List too, but not because of their service. It's my local AMC theater. It's one of their classic theaters with seating that hasn't been upgraded in 30 years. It's just an uncomfortable place for a big guy like myself to watch a movie and because of Disney's screen requirements, it's not even playing Captain Marvel right now. I have to drive 60 miles to the nearest AMC theater that meets those Disney requirements.

Last edited:

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I'm probably going to cancel my subscription when it runs out at the end of the year. After what's happening with them and my experience with MoviePass, I don't trust these type of companies. Depending on my usage, I might give up A-List too, but not because of their service. It's my local AMC theater. It's one of their classic theaters with seating that hasn't been upgraded in 30 years. It's just an uncomfortable place for a big guy like myself to watch a movie and because of Disney's screen requirements, it's not even playing Captain Marvel right now. I have to drive 60 miles to the nearest AMC theater that meets those Disney requirements.

That really sucks. I sometimes forget how lucky I am to have two nice AMC theaters within 15 minutes of my house. I saw Captain Marvel twice this week using A-List, once in 3D, the other in Dolby Cinema.

Without that convenience, A-List wouldn't work for me either.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
That really sucks. I sometimes forget how lucky I am to have two nice AMC theaters within 15 minutes of my house. I saw Captain Marvel twice this week using A-List, once in 3D, the other in Dolby Cinema.

Without that convenience, A-List wouldn't work for me either.
You are lucky, we have one AMC and one Imax in the same theater. Most of the imax showing are not 3D.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Today's A-list double feature: Wonder Park and Five Feet Apart. A good enough kid movie and a good teen/medical drama. I'd rate both of them a "B" for what they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Joshua32
    Recent bookmarks