What's new

Movie Mode on 57HX81 (1 Viewer)

Ken Makela

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I just received my Toshiba this morning Yahoo. I tried to make some preliminary adjustments using "movie" mode, but the menu doesn't allow me to. I can only adjust the parameters in "preference" mode. I would like to disable the SVM while at the same time be able to tweak. Am I doing something wrong??? Do I have to be in service mode, if yes how do I get there and what should I do to avoid screwing it up. BTW this thing blows me away in DVD. It's so-so on satellite (must need to tweak).
Ken

Craig

Second Unit
Movie mode (and the others) are preset on the Toshiba's and aren't changeable through the regular user menu. When you start making changes in a particular mode all of the settings are loaded into Preferences and you work from there.
You should always go back to Preferences to make changes, otherwise if you go back to Movie mode (or one of the others) and make other changes it'll load everything back into Preferences, wiping out what you have.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
When you set your viewing mode to "Movie" prior to calibrating your video using Video Essentials or AVIA, it does two important things;
1) Disables "SVM" (or minimizes it's effects)
2) Set's the Temp = Warm
and maintains those two selections during your video calibration process. Once you've saved your settings, it is now called "Preference" and includes the above 2 settings, . . . unless you changed the TEMP of course - it will save what ever you chose.
An easy way to verify the SVM has been disabled is discussed (with examples) @ http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/usefulinfo/svm.html My HT Enthusiasts Website
[Edited last by Phil Iturralde on November 03, 2001 at 11:29 AM]

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Ken, The way I understand the Tosh to work Phil Iturralde has it right.
------------------
Luke

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks