Movie Ideas

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Bill Griffith, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Bill Griffith

Bill Griffith Supporting Actor

Is there a place you can send ideas for movies. I'm talking about a major studio that makes movies.

I don't care about getting royalties or paid or even recognized for the idea, I just have some idea of some really cool movies I would like to see made.

Basically these would be 1 page description of the basic movie storyline with maybe a few scattered details to help explain the storyline. Its like you sitting around and you say, "You know what would be a cool idea for a movie"

No details on who should play what or any specifics like that, just basic story line type stuff.

Example: if I were to come up with an idea like this and it was released as Jurassic Park, it would be a description similar to the following.

Movie about Dinosaurs that have been brought back to life through Genetics. These dinosaurs reside on an island. People come out to the island to check them out. Something goes wrong and the island goes into chaos. You could have a male and female hero, with a couple of villans one being the T-rex and the other being some sort of Dinosaur with uncanny intellegence and a very violent disposition. Ending would leave the island and dinosaurs in tact (for future movie releases) with maybe 20% of the characters survuving.

Now obviously I didn't come up with the idea for JP but the ideas I have are very similar in there style to this one. And with thought I could maybe go into more detail, but its really not my thing.

2. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Supporting Actor

I doubt you'll ever find an outlet for an idea, because there are way too many legal issues surrounding intellectual property and that sort of thing.

Cool concept, though.

3. Bill Griffith

Mna that would really suck because I'm sure there's people out there don't don't give a flip about IP issues, they just want to see a movie about something they have in there head.

Basically like Brainstorming of movie ideas on a national level. Imagine the ideas that would come up.

It would be cool.

4. Ross Williams

Ross Williams Supporting Actor

As a screenwriter, with nothing produced yet, I'd love to hear your ideas. One good idea can make writing an entire script fairly easy.

5. Bill Griffith

I'll make a different topic and post some ideas and maybe some other people will post theirs.

Or

Let me know if my ideas have already been made into a film.