What's new

Movie footage found only in trailers? (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
The Negotiator - the scene where kevin Spacey tells the cops on the radio, NOW YOU GONNA HAVE TO DEAL WITH BOTH OF US, was kinda exciting, was looking forward to seeing that in theaters, and it never appeared
Not only that, it was a goddamn spoiler!

The Best Line that never appeared in TTT has got to the "Sauron is not so mighty as to be above fear - He fear what you may become" or something line.

--
Holadem

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
I remember reading that the "An alliance has formed between the two towers" line was actually recorded especially for the trailer; Ian McKellen says on his web site that he recorded extra dialogue for the TTT trailers (that line probably included) in Vancouver, as production wrapped on "X2."

Jun-Dai Bates

Stunt Coordinator
The Harold and Maude dvd contains two trailers, both of which contain a fair amount of footage that isn't in the film.

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
One more I thought of, fairly well known amongst Star Wars buffs, is a quick shot from an Empire Strikes Back trailer where C3PO rips a "danger" sticker off of a door that is holding several captured Wampas, the abominable snowmen-ish beasts that attack Luke on Hoth. Soon after, some Imperial Snowtroopers were supposed to go into the door and get chewed up (since they weren't appropriately warned), but the whole subplot ended up being cut from the film.

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Negotiator - the scene where kevin Spacey tells the cops on the radio, NOW YOU GONNA HAVE TO DEAL WITH BOTH OF US, was kinda exciting, was looking forward to seeing that in theaters, and it never appeared
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not only that, it was a goddamn spoiler!

The Best Line that never appeared in TTT has got to the "Sauron is not so mighty as to be above fear - He fear what you may become" or something line.

--
Holadem

SPOILERS, YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT TRAILERS WITH SPOILERS, I GOT 2 WORDS FOR YOU

CAST AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN THEM

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Of course there was a ton of extra "scenes" in the trailer for Highlander: Endgame that (thankfully) didn't make it into the theatrical or DVD version (or work print included on the DVD for that matter), of this so-so movie.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
The trailer for CREEPSHOW has footage in it from the "Father's Day" segment of Aunt Bedelia identifying the mangled corpse of her lover. Again, not in the final film.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The original internet trailer for Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back has quite a bit of footage that isn't in the final movie. It has Randall making a reference to the failed Clerks tv show and some stuff with Jay and the hooker in LA that was cut becuase rating considerations.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The main one I think of here is a scene in the "Hot Shots!" trailer where Ramada asks Kent, "Do you have a cue ball in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?", and Kent pulls out the cue ball from his pocket.

Some day, I would like to see the original cut of "The Avengers" to see what was missing. My instant thought after watching the film was that it was cut to shreds.

Jason

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Two scenes that I'm aware of:
Robin Hood: Men In Tights : A tree gets split in two by apparently a single arrow.
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves : The carriage that is robbed in Sherwood Forest plunges into a forest lake.
The fact that these are both Robin Hood movies is completely coincidental as far as I know. :)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
The trailer for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is basically a sequence with both leads that doesn't appear in the movie itself.

About different takes, I noticed:
- Die Another Day has an extension of Bond's expression after he flips his car back over
- A Few Good Men's trailer has many sequences showing alternate takes by Nicholson
- The Transporter has a sequence of deflecting a missile that is gone.
- Spy Game has an extension of dialog when they are running to get breakfast. I believe that Pitt says "Age Before Beauty" and Redford replies "You'll make a beautiful corpse", although only the corpse line is in the movie.

All I can think of off the top of my head. I know I've seen tons over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks