Movie Errors

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Qui-Gon John, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Why do they make errors such as these 2 obvious ones below?

Home Alone - Kevin is 8 years old.
    Home Alone 2 - The parents tell the cops they left him home alone last Christmas and they also say he is now 10 years old.

Terminator 2 - They specifically say John Connor was 10 years old.
    Terminator 3 - In the prologue, John Connor says a terminator was sent to kill him when he was 13.

I just can't see how they manage to let inconsistencies so blatant as these, past the whole production process. I think there was a similar thing with the chronometer on the ship between Planet Of The Apes and Beneath The Planet Of The Apes.

2. Clay-F

Clay-F Stunt Coordinator

Also in T3 The T800 (or T850 as he seems to be in some places) refers to himself as a T-101, when he's a T800 Model 101.

"That was a different T101"

I think Conners age was changed since the kid did not look 10 years old, and 13 is a more realistic number. Although it would have been easier to just go with whats been established. Its an error, but it doesnt change the story.

3. Bill J

Bill J Producer

Yeah, I have always thought that in T2 Connor looked much older than 10.

4. Robert_Z

Robert_Z Screenwriter

Or how about a much more simple error like in the end of A Few Good Men. Jack Nicholson is wearing a tie during the whole courtroom scene. But after Tom Cruise says "Don't call me son. I'm a lawyer and an officer in the United States Navy, and you're under arrest you son of a bitch," Nicholson turns around to pick up his hat but he no longer has a tie on. How in the world could they not notice that?

5. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick
    The continuity person overslept that day.

6. George See

George See Second Unit

7. JamesDrake

JamesDrake Agent

I also noticed that when they were doing the back story on Henry Hill in Goodfellas, he was walking by a house or coming out of a house (I can't remember which), it looks like cable television wiring coming out of a box going up the side of the house. That was supposed to take place in the early 60's. I didn't think that CATV was so widespread then.

I also wondered about the John Connor thing too. After seeing T3, it would have been interesting to see how T2 could have turned out... yanno?

8. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Lead Actor

9. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    or in repo man when otto steals his first car, it is a 4 door, but when the owner of the car looks out the window, it is a 2 door. basically the only thing that stays the same is the color, white. so this means to screw up the continuity, they would have to shoot the first scene, then get a completely different car and move it into the original car's place. which would be difficult. the only thing i can think of to explain that is that repo man was a low budget film, and perhaps they had to borrow a car from a cast member or a friend, and they needed the car back, then they had to replace the car with another white one.

CJ

10. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Well, on the T3 thing. Since he was only telling at what age it happened, I just don't see why they didn't use what they already established. Maybe we was 10 years and 11 months old, and also the kind of kid who looks a little old for his age.

11. DeeF

DeeF Screenwriter

So, we're basically talking about two different kinds of "errors."

One is an editing error, ruining continuity.

The other is a specific change, like changing a boy character's age from 10 to 13, in order to make sense out of a different actor playing the part.

Here's a fun one:

Robin Hood (with Errol Flynn, 1938) has a scene in the Sherwood Forest where a car can be glimpsed in the background (filmed in a park in Chico, CA).

12. Scott McGillivray

Scott McGillivray Supporting Actor

If you are really interested in the many, MANY goofs found in movies, you should check out the "goofs" section on the Internet Movie DataBase.

Goofs

Amazing how many they have listed in there! Be sure to submit any that you know of that are not listed! I only have one submitted which was for "Jumanji". Fun to know that one of the goofs listed was found by me. *sniff* I am just so...happy! [​IMG]

13. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor