What's new

Movie Death Scenes that really got to you... (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
While the scene is question isn't really a death scene, I do find that moment in Glory to be very powerful. I think I mentioned that somewhere in another thread.

Beau

Supporting Actor
I know the person who started this said not deaths that are just bloody and all, but I've always felt freaked out by Mr. Kenny's death in RoboCop. Not because it's gory, but whenever I watch that scene I feel like I'm there, standing where he is, with this big giant robot saying it's gonna kill me. I actually feel relived when he dies and I don't. Anyone know what I mean?

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
Star Wars
Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru being killed for buying the wrong droids. The music and the look on Mark Hamill's face are incredible. Add to the fact that these two characters are coming to life more in the prequels and it's an even more effective scene.

The Return of the King
Gollum. The pure joy on his face that he got his precious back and doesn't realise he's burning. Amazing.

JamesDrake

Agent
I agree to The legends of The Fall mentioned earlier. That movie breaks me up.

Saving Private Ryan
When Wade and Mellish are Killed. Wade died in a fight that could have gone in another way. Mellish's death still creeps me out. Having a blade slowly inserted into your chest cavity. A dull one at that.

Oh and City of Angels
That just tears my souls apart thinking about it.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
West Side Story:
Tony. Not actually when he dies but the part where the two gangs come together to carry his body. I really couldn't hold it back on that one.

David Yevin

Agent
irreversible
the fire extinguisher scene messed with me

gallipoli
archy hamilton getting shot at the very end of the film

full metal jacket
gomer's suicide

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
James Caan in "Brian's Song"
Ali McGraw in "Love Story"
The whole ending of "Philadelphia" has me sobbing every time I see it.

CaseyLS

Second Unit
The only movie that ever made me cry was Where the Red Fern Grows. I was 8 when I saw that and cried for the next 4 hours. When I was in high school I read the book and even shed a couple of tears when I finished the book

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Tracy's death at the end of the film with Bond saying that she's okay and that they have "All The Time In The World".

Once Upon a Time in the West

The flashback of Harmonica's brother's death.

Star Trek: The Wrath Of Khan
I did not know Spock was going to die!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks