movers broke my stuff my gain need new receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Nickchi, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Nickchi

Nickchi Auditioning

the movers i had broke my amp and speakers. they gave me 5k to buy new. so here is the plan

1 receiver (had the h/k 7000)
    i need something similar or better. will use mostly for movie matching but still need to pack a punch if i want to listen to music

i know this is the wrong place to post it but i also need some speakers just the 2 front.eventually get the full 5.1
    what would pair up well with the new receiver u guys are describing. i dont really know anything about the new stuff cause mine was 5 years old and im sure it changed a lot since

tks in advance

nick chiasson

2. Robert Hoffman

Robert Hoffman Stunt Coordinator

If you just want to buy 2 fronts out of that $5000, then you should look to buying separate components instead of a receiver. You setup will be a little more future proof and can potentially sound a bit better.

3. Robert Hoffman

Robert Hoffman Stunt Coordinator

copy

4. Nickchi

Nickchi Auditioning

never tough of that. like i said ive been out of the loop for a while so i dont know whats good anymore.

any suggestions about wich way to go?

5. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Go and listen to the Rotel 1080 amp mated with a RSP1068 pre amp. That's only a two channel amp but its a great start on a nice 7.1 system later if you add a 5 channel amp down the road...or get the RMB1075 or RMB1095 now which are both 5 channel amps. As for speakers let your ears be the judge just make sure that what ever you buy has a matching center speaker in the same line up.

6. Nickchi

Nickchi Auditioning

tks for reply
    but unfortunatly in fredericton nb we dont have those kind of amps. only thing they can have is a anthem amp with paradigm studio 60 speakers. dont know anything about them so ill have to research them. what are the advantage of amp/preamp?