What's new

Move Photos to Album with IOS Pictures App on iPad? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I want to move photos from the camera roll and put them in another album (folder). Emphasis on “Move”. I want to remove the photos from one folder and put them in another. So far this is not happening for me.

I can select contiguous or non-contiguous photos and drag them to the new album. They make it there, but also remain in the camera roll. Am I missing something or must photos remain in the camera roll?

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I don’t think I’ve seen “Camera Roll” on my iPhone or iiPad for a couple years. It only shows up when I connect / sync my iPhone to my Mac — which I’ve now stopped doing.

The primary interface I’ve got in Photos is the “All Photos” view. Which just has all the photos in timeline. They can be sub-organized in Albums, shared with Shared Albums. I also use Keywords, accessed on the Mac (still not available on mobile).

So…I don’t think any of that helped you. :) I don’t know what or where “Camera Roll” is on the iPhone or iPad. I’ve been using Cloud Sync for a couple years, perhaps it goes away with full cloud syncing?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I want to move photos from the camera roll and put them in another album (folder). Emphasis on “Move”. I want to remove the photos from one folder and put them in another. So far this is not happening for me.

I can select contiguous or non-contiguous photos and drag them to the new album. They make it there, but also remain in the camera roll. Am I missing something or must photos remain in the camera roll?

As far as I can recall, you can't move them to a new folder in iOS devices.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’ve done some googling and found some old (2014, I think) that shows I can drag and drop photos to another folder. However, the photos remain in the camera roll with pointers to the new folder. There is only one copy of the pics and they are in the camera roll.

The only way to remove photos from the camera roll is to delete them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Green
Recent bookmarks