What's new

Mousehunt (1997) on Blu ? (1 Viewer)

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
I was wondering if anybody knows of a high def release of Mousehunt (1997) being available in any of the regions or if there are plans to release that here in the US - I am surprised that it is not already available as it's wonderful, family friendly, laugh out loud comedy

Regards,

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
Looking at RT it doesn't look like it was well received by critics or viewers. Hard to say if it will see the light of day on disc. It may get a spot on some streaming service though to cut loses that disc would probably cause.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Considering how many other films have been released (some repeatedly) with less than stellar receptions by critics and audiences, I agree this one is long overdue and remains one of my "most wanted" on blu-ray.

It didn't do too badly, as it made $122.4 million worldwide against a budget of $38 million, so it was hardly a bomb. It's also notable as DreamWorks first family film release, and with stars Nathan Lane and William Hickey and the directorial debut of Gore Verbinski (Pirates of the Caribbean original trilogy), it seems bizarre that we still don't have a blu-ray of this anywhere.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Considering how many other films have been released (some repeatedly) with less than stellar receptions by critics and audiences, I agree this one is long overdue and remains one of my "most wanted" on blu-ray.

It didn't do too badly, as it made $122.4 million worldwide against a budget of $38 million, so it was hardly a bomb. It's also notable as DreamWorks first family film release, and with stars Nathan Lane and William Hickey and the directorial debut of Gore Verbinski (Pirates of the Caribbean original trilogy), it seems bizarre that we still don't have a blu-ray of this anywhere.

Well, Dreamworks just put out ANTZ and PRINCE OF EGYPT after an incredible delay, so perhaps MOUSEHUNT (and PAULIE, maybe) will show at last.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Mouse Hunt is currently in the part of the DreamWorks catalog that Paramount owns.

Translation: pray for Kino.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks