Mouse pointer model you're using?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Ray Chuang, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Ray Chuang

Ray Chuang Screenwriter

Having used a Logitech MX500 mouse for some time now, I can say I'm kind of spoiled because going back to a two-button mouse with scroll wheel feels like retro step.

Given that everyone who posts here have to use a mouse pointer anyway, [​IMG] I wonder what model mouse pointer are you folks using?

(By the way, I almost bought a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer with the side-scrolling ability but at the time they were hard to get in retail stores. [​IMG] )

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

mx700 for everything except gaming. It's because of this mouse that I'll only think of Logitech for mice in the future. I've dropped it and used it a ton but it works just as great as day 1, buttons, battery life and all.

For gaming I use an mx310. Some people swear there's no lag in the cordless mice but I always sense a little "floaty" feel when moving around in fast-paced gaming. That and it's heavy, which hinders quick movements.

3. Robert Houghton

MX700, the only complaint I have is the mouse is discolored by putting it in the charger. What a faulty design that was.

4. Ray Chuang

Ray Chuang Screenwriter

There were two reasons why I went with the MX500 instead of the cordless MX700:

1. I didn't want deal with battery charging issues.

2. I've heard too many complaints about lag time with the MX700 due to its wireless nature.

I love the MX500 because its hefty feel also makes for better mousing pointing accuracy (though that depends on the user [​IMG] ).

5. Adam Sanchez

Adam Sanchez Supporting Actor

I have Logitech's new MX1000. I never thought I would spend $80 on a mouse, but I love the darn thing. Laser Precision, Lithium - Ion Battery. I have never ever had a problem with it. No lag, no delay. Just a great mouse. Very comfortable too.

6. Erick P

Erick P Stunt Coordinator

I'm using some 8 year old $5 keyboard and a 4 year old Microsoft Intellimouse Optical.

For our HTPC I bought a Gyration wireless keyboard and mouse combo. The mouse uses gyros to move the pointer when you're using it in the air. They both have a ~30 ft range. The combo was like $125 shipped.

7. Jeremy K

Jeremy K Stunt Coordinator

Same here, I love it.

8. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

MX310 for me

9. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

MX1000 here. Used the MX700 for a long time (and shame on you that don't like the base, I thought that was a -great- solution).

The MX1000 is about everything I want in a mouse easy to use and work with.. great response and insanely accurate.

10. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

wow, apparantly logitech is killin' the mouse market.

i'm using the mx700 - actually i have three of them. love it to death!!! not sure what is meant by discoloration when putting it in the charger...nothing like that for me.

i actually bought a mx1000, but returned it. i didn't like the way it felt in my hand. (heh...)

11. Robert Houghton

Will leave unremovabe lines on the mouse, because of the cradle. My grandson has the same problem.

12. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    I have the MX700 and want to get the MX1000. I personally love the cradle and have had no discoloration on the mouse itself in over 2 years. Not having to change out the batteries is a real bonus for me. I do like the battery indicator on the 1000 so you see if you need to recharge it or not. I also like the side to side scrolling wheel too.

[​IMG]

I may just pick one up for myself on my birthday next month.

Parker

13. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

I have two MX700s (no discoloration either) and a blue MX510. I love the MX510. The MX700 is good, but does feel slightly laggy in comparison to the wired MX510.

14. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Max:

I don't have any type of lag with my 700 but I understand that the difference in response with the 1000 is just like having a corded mouse and I am too spoiled by a wireless mouse to go back to anything corded again.

Parker

15. Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy Supporting Actor

I'm using the Logitech Media Play Mouse currently. It doubles a cordless mouse and a remote control for the media player. It advertises a 10 foot range but I've been able to control my media player from at least 25 feet in another room. It ran me around $50.

16. Jim_F

Jim_F Screenwriter

Are trackballs allowed in this thread?

[​IMG]

17. Ray Chuang

Ray Chuang Screenwriter

Jim_F,

Yes, we'll allow trackballs in this message thread. [​IMG]

I actually considered getting a trackball but given that I did get that great deal from eBay for a new MX500 for US$25 including shipping.... [​IMG]

18. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

I just noticed Buy.com has the MX-1000 right now for $59.95, with free shipping.

Hmmm. I've been perfectly happy with my MX-700, but on the other hand, I do get paid this week.

19. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

My wife and I use the Logitech MX 700 Duo which consists of the Mx700 mouse and cordless keyboard. We love the cordless features but we find the mouse goes through batteries very quickly. has anyone else noticed that your MX700 mouse did this? It seems we're having to charge the mouse practically every night! We've also tried using Duracell and Energizer batteries and they don't seem to last much longer. What's your experience?

20. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

I use an Acer Ergo Keyboard and touchpad while surfing and a Kensington Orbit optical trackball when I game (or my Saitek XF 35/36 combo on some games). I can't stand any mice, tailed or not![​IMG]