What's new

Mouse Infestation? (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Last year, I caught something over 20 mice in our house between December and February. We have small dogs so poison was out of the question. I deployed a dozen humane (live) traps baited with peanut butter, which didn’t catch anything, and about 30 glue traps behind furniture, which only caught two or three mice. The big winners were the four quick-kill traps baited with peanut butter which I put under our kitchen sink. I got 16 or 17 with those.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
I've had an on and off mouse problem for the last few years. The quick kill traps work well, but I've also tried placing moth balls in paper cups in several locations in my attic. That seems to have helped up there, but I've read that it's a bad idea to use moth balls in main areas of the home due to the toxicity effect for humans. The ones in the attic evaporate over time and need to be replaced every few months.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I bought some of the TomCat bait blocks at Walmart. No kids or pets in the house, so I placed them in various locations loose. A few minutes after putting one here in the living room, I heard a noise, and the bait block was gone. I haven't saw a mouse since yesterday, and he/she was barely alive. I have a few in the attic as I hear one scratching at the ceiling every now and then. I need to get some up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks